News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Where to find what this code means?

Started by oneway, May 23, 2006, 09:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneway

I can work some of them out, but I don't know where to go to find out what are the various 'meanings' of code of this type:
$txt[119]
1. Could someone kindly direct me please.
2. I'm presuming that I cannot change any of them (or add more)?
Thanks!

Kindred

txt[###] lines are defined in your theme's languages directory...

index.english.php, etc....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

oneway

Quote from: Kindred on May 23, 2006, 10:16:15 PM
txt[###] lines are defined in your theme's languages directory...

index.english.php, etc....

Oh wow, thanks Kindred, there they all are! (so easy to find something when you know where to look!)

So now:

1. May I modify any of these, or add others? (very carefully and advisedly, of course!!)

2. My theme (Epsilon) doesn't have a /languages directory in it at all. Do you know if this means it's getting the code from /default?

Kindred

if a file does not exist in your specific theme, the system will use the file form the default theme...

Yes, you may edit the language files as desired...
You should add txt strings to the file "modifications.english.php"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

oneway

Quote from: Kindred on May 24, 2006, 07:53:13 AM
if a file does not exist in your specific theme, the system will use the file form the default theme...

Yes, you may edit the language files as desired...
You should add txt strings to the file "modifications.english.php"

Wonderful support. Thankyou so much!

Advertisement: