News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Characters

Started by Meriadoc, August 01, 2003, 02:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meriadoc

Voici une liste à comment écrire les lettres avec des accents.

Here is a list on how to write letters with accents.

:)
If I know the way home and am walking along it drunkenly, is it any less the right way because I am staggering from side to side? : Leo Tolstoy
Everything I know I learned from Calvin and Hobbes.
And patience is about the most useful thing you could ever have.  That and backups. : [Unknown]
If I choose to send thee, Tuor son of Huor, then believe not that thy one sword is not worth the sending. : Ulmo, Lord of the Waters - Unfinished Tales, by J.R.R. Tolkien

Joseph

Joseph Fung
Co-Founder & CEO, Kiite
Co-Founder TribeHR, Lewis Media, SMF

Meriadoc

Quote from: Joseph Fung on August 01, 2003, 03:01:15 AM
Now that's familiar ;)
oh yeah, and thanks Joseph for the image ;)
If I know the way home and am walking along it drunkenly, is it any less the right way because I am staggering from side to side? : Leo Tolstoy
Everything I know I learned from Calvin and Hobbes.
And patience is about the most useful thing you could ever have.  That and backups. : [Unknown]
If I choose to send thee, Tuor son of Huor, then believe not that thy one sword is not worth the sending. : Ulmo, Lord of the Waters - Unfinished Tales, by J.R.R. Tolkien

Joshua Dickerson

Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

guitou

Quote from: Meriadoc on August 01, 2003, 02:44:17 AM
Voici une liste à comment écrire les lettres avec des accents.

Here is a list on how to write letters with accents.

:)

Why so complicated ?
An easiest way is to press the corresponding key on the keyboard ('é' or 'à' or other)!

(just joking of course! France is good for you ;D )

bostasp

On English keyboards you can type in á é í ó ú just by pressing "Alt Gr" and the letter ;)

guitou

Good !

On french keyboards only one finger is necessary to type an accentuated character (useful when you're typing with hand mitts ;) )

Grudge

^ Never knew Alt Gr had a purpose till now :D
I'm only a half geek really...

guitou

On french keyboards, Alt Gr is used very often.

It is needed to type the following chars:

~ # { [ | ` \ ^ @ ] } and €(euro)

bostasp

You can use Alt Gr to display € and ¦ as well... saves the hassle of going Ctrl + Alt + letter...

I would of hoped French keyboards would dispy accentuated characters with single keystrokes, they're used enough ;)

Logue

日本語を入力するとたぶん一部で文字化けを起こすので、自分が作っている日本語化パッチでは文字コードをeucにしています。
Since garbled characters will probably be partly caused if Japanese is inputted, the character code is set to euc with the translation patch into Japanese which he is making.

[Unknown]

Quote from: Logue on August 26, 2004, 06:22:01 AM
日本語を入力するとたぶん一部で文字化けを起こすので、自分が作っている日本語化パッチでは文字コードをeucにしています。
Since garbled characters will probably be partly caused if Japanese is inputted, the character code is set to euc with the translation patch into Japanese which he is making.

Generally, the biggest problem is that the max size limits for things will not function properly...

-[Unknown]

Logue

I think that it is better to set a character code set to UTF-8 when using by multiple languages.
However, a 2-byte code like Japanese can be expressed with 3 bytes, and has the problem whose capacity increases.

Also in the present condition (ISO-8859-1), although the Japanese notation is made once, depending on a browser, it may be garbled in part.

Moreover, the character "half-kana" was used to carry out the Japanese notation in the old personal computer.
It seems that it has still been a problem since the these "half-kana" character was assigned to a character like á é í ó ú.
Recently, although this problem can be avoided, since what was alike with some Chinese characters has broken out, that is anxious.

By the way, although I want to do distribution of a Japanese language pack here, what should I do? ???

[Unknown]

Contact Bostasp, he'll work it out with you ;).

-[Unknown]

MaxD

Just to add to this, if you have a modern version of Windows, and possibly other systems to:

Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> Character Map

has an extensive list of accents and other things for many fonts :)

[Unknown]

Quote from: MaxD on March 29, 2005, 09:34:10 PM
if you have a modern version of Windows

Character Map has been around since 3.1, G.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: