News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Error 553 when sending a mail via SMTP

Started by MPerrine, May 30, 2006, 06:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPerrine

SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC2
Hello :)

I run 2 SMF (1.1 RC2) on which I configure to send mails via SMTP (and not with the php fonction). I did that to prevent mails to start with :

QuoteMessage-ID: <[email protected]>

X-Mailer: SMF

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

I don't know if my problem comes from this, but it seems that mail can't be send to users (for account activation, for notification and so on...). I'm testing with the php fonction to try to find the problem.

Here is the error I get when an email can't be sent : 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

At the first time, I thought it was because users had mentionned wrong adress. But, I saw I was wrong when I noticed that I get too this error when sending a mail to me (and my adress isn't wrong). I receive notification for a new topic in a forum, but i don't receive notification for new messages in a existing topics. Hope I'm clear.

And guest can't activate their account because they don't receive the mail.

Anyone knows about that ? Thanks

kegobeer

Have you Googled for "553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts" yet?  There are a lot of hits you can look at.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

MPerrine

At that time, i've just SMFed it ;)

But I'll try on google thx ! :)

MPerrine

Ok, it seems that this error comes with a bad configuration of my smtp server.

But, how could I explain that some messages (notification of a new topic) are sent while notification of a new message in a topic and activation account mail are not sent. It seems that sometimes, my smtp wants to work and sometimes not...

Do this mails are managed / created / sent with the same function ? 

MPerrine

Since Yesterday, I've been using php mailer and I didn't get smtp error (553)

But, I have the problem with the header of the mail which contains this :
QuoteMessage-ID: <[email protected]>

X-Mailer: SMF

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

I'm at the same point when I start to use the forum.

I can't use php mailer because of the message above, nor SMTP because of 553 error :/

So what ? :)

Advertisement: