News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Change the background color of the Text Box's?

Started by SN95Forums, June 02, 2006, 01:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SN95Forums

Well I've been working on customizing colors for so long now...all I want to do now is change the background color of the text box's (ie Quick Reply Box, when your posting a new topic the Subject box and where you type etc)

Here is what I got:
http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=1441.0

I want to make it black or somthing so its not so 'BAM' in your face lol.

Thanks!!!!

Freiluft

The Quick Reply code is near the bottom of Display.template.php. On the theme I'm currently playing around with, it's a catbg header with a windowbg body all sitting on a tborder box. windowbg is a very common style, so if you only want to change that particular one, then create a new style for the QuickReply box and change the code in Display.template.php accordingly. Otherwise, all your windowbg's will change.

SN95Forums

I cant seem to find what I have to change, sorry...a bit confuised here.

Cawagula

Well, I think you should be able to change this by editing your style.css sheet, shouldn't you? It will all depend on what theme, and the way it's coded, BUT I believe if you find something like this in your style css:

/* Input boxes - just a bit smaller than normal so they align well. */
input, textarea
{
font-size: 9pt;
color: #000000;
font-family: verdana, sans-serif;
background-color: #afc6db;
}

And change the color from 000000 to the other color it will change it. BUT this will change ALL input boxes, including your post reply, and every other input box.

If you only wanted to change your quick reply you'd have to add to the code, but I'm not that great so if you DO try this make sure you make a backup of your style.css first lol, cause I'm not the greatest with coding.

SN95Forums

I got it figured out thanks guys....only thing that didnt change were the drop down menu's (change color, message icon etc.) any idea on those?

Advertisement: