News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Exact 30 seconds for topic page creation

Started by tomowa, June 04, 2006, 02:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomowa

SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC2
Greetings,

I have been converting forums I manage from IPB 1.3 to SMF 1.0.7.
First 2 no problems. The third one loads the index.php and and any board page just fine.
When you click to view a topic, the time it takes to create and display the page is exactly 30, plus a few milliseconds, such as Page created in 30.108 seconds with 15 queries. Everytime without fail, it is this 30+ some milliseconds.
I moved the forum to a different webhost and server, still same thing.
I backed up the entire forum, then installed it to my home server, and everything works perfect. Offsite images, avatars, everything works OK.
I have installed a new SMF 1.0.7, made posts to it, and all is OK. I then imported the MySQL dump from the slow loading SMF, and the 30 second page load returns.
Next was to upgrade to SMF 1.1 RC2, hoping that would solve it. No such luck.

I have run every database optimization there is, from within SMF and myPHPadmin.
I have checked eack table structure (before I upgraded to 1.1 RC2), against one of the IPB to SMF conversions I did, which does work fine, and all tables work exact the same.

Anybody have any idea's?
Thanks, Tom
www.webpagefun.com, is the offending site.

JayBachatero

Umm same thing for me.
Go to Admin > Forum Maintenance > Check for errors and recount stats.

If that doesn't work try recreating the indexes for the tables.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

tomowa

Thanks Jay :D

The first suggestions didn't help.
I'm not sure what is meant by 'recreate the indexs for the table's'.

I have a screenshot for the table 'messages' post on our forum here http://www.webpagefun.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=337.0;attach=410 [nofollow]. From that, can you point out what I should do?
Also,it shows for this table
QuoteUNIQUE and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `ID_TOPIC`
I don't know what that means. The IPB to SMF conversion I did that does work just fine, also shows the same thing.

Thanks again, Tom

Oldiesmann

If you have the "enable basic HTML" option enabled (in 1.0.7, it's under Edit Features and Options), try disabling that. I know of a board where that caused load times to be ridiculous in some cases (11+ seconds to load the message index for a board, 30+ seconds to load a topic, etc.).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

tomowa

Oldiesmann!,

You are the man, words cannot show my appreciation :D Thank you very much.
I have not a clue as to why that makes a difference, another site I converted from IPB 1.3 to SMF 1.0.7 www.lowcountrymudrats.com/forum [nofollow], has it enabled, and no problems.
As a FYI, if it means anything to anyone else, to find it in SMF 1.1 RC2, its in
Forum, Posts and Topics, Bulletin Board Code.   
I see your SMF G2 integration project, sounds interesting and I just signed up there.

Thank you once again,

Tom

LF from MC

Oldiesmann!,

Thank you, thank you, it was my Forum Tom was trying to fix, the poor guy, I don't think he slept in over a week, and if he did, he  dreamt about this.

Again, thank you so much.

Lorraine

Oldiesmann

You're welcome. I'm not sure why that makes a difference either (especially because in my situation it was enabled for months without any problems), but at least that fixed the problem :)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: