News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Newsletter - 1

Started by Trekkie101, April 09, 2006, 07:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

One thing I think is different with SMF is that it's defualt is effectivly able to be a default and also be IPB's "Lo-Fi" theme at the same thus making it easy for dial-up users and so SMF wont need one.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Nordoelum

You might have right on that one.

In time, I will look into how to make themes for SMF.

Birger :)

Dannii

If you really need lo-fi, you can use imode, just like I am now :P
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Trekkie101

It pwns! :D

Try SAF or SMFOne and you'll maybe like them or anything by Koni

Kǝmac

Here's my feedback: UTF-8 should be default encoding (that's great that simplemachines.org moved to UTF-8, anyway Joomla is going to use it and it is slowly becoming a standard). Default theme is nice but it should have more vivid colors and some (small) changes of placement of navigation links/buttons should be made (maybe official, sticked topic "What forum interface should look like" would be useful). Anyone uses "« previous next »" ? Currently the interface is a bit chaotic. Also some improvements in posting are needed: first of all quick reply with all options and "quote selected text" (I know this feature seems to be an unnecessary gadget for people who never used it, but using forum without it is like using IE after getting used to Opera or FF interface).
[nofollow] - Polska Pomoc Simple Machines Forum [nofollow]

Leipe Po

if you have something to wine about the default, just make your own,
you should be glad they doesnt charge money for the brilliant piece of software,
and there are alot of people who want to help you oout for a small fee,
but again, if youre not willing to pay for it, do not wine about it...

my 2 cents,

Leipe_Po
There is only one thing more importend to me then coding:
My Girlfriend

Microsoft - "You've got questions.  We've got dancing paperclips."

Advertisement: