Still having Connection Problems

Started by Pat26, June 09, 2006, 05:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat26

SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC2
Everybody on my board has been getting this error for about 3 days now. It's getting really bad today. How can I fix it?

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Here is my board.
http://ndmparenting.iceagehosting.com/ndmcommunity/index.php

jerm

rename Settings.php to Settings_old.php
then rename Settings_bak.php to Settings.php

Pat26

Pat26

I'm still getting the connection error. Expect today its worse. That's all anybody is getting.

Getting this one with it.

Warning: main(/home/mamma/public_html/ndmcommunity/Settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mamma/public_html/ndmcommunity/index.php on line 44

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/mamma/public_html/ndmcommunity/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mamma/public_html/ndmcommunity/index.php on line 44

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

HvyMtalMama

This isn't solved =/

I did this....

and now, all it has is that connection error. I even tried to replace the Settings.php, and the Settings_bak.php with the original's in the SMF download. And that didn't work either.

And, also... the file IS there.

Scubasteve

Have you double checked all the MySQL settings?
If it aint broke, break it.

HvyMtalMama

Sorry, I am a tad new to the whole php, mySQL stuff. Please explain further...

Scubasteve

im confused is this one person with 2 names or 2 people same problem......eh

What i mean is check to make sure your database/mysql server are intact, functiong properly, etc

HvyMtalMama

Pat and myself are admin of the same board. 2 different people. Same board LOL, sorry. Yes, everything is working properly. Everything screwed up when I changed

Everything is working just fine, except the forums. And we get that Connection error.

Scubasteve

im really not sure.....have you tried running repair_settings.php? Theres a link to download it in the server move sticky.

HvyMtalMama

HvyMtalMama

We got this problem fixed

That is what screwed everything up. I had a good webmaster fix everything for me. I think I shoulda went to him to begin with.

Advertisement: