[HELP] Profile mod

Started by silverdragonrs, June 12, 2006, 04:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverdragonrs

ok.. i have a website with many features being requested... one of those features is profiles...

SMF already has simple profiles.. but i would like to add to more things to it...

Custom input Fields. - many of my members would like to keep an on-line journal of sorts... they would like to make it public or private at their will...

Browsable - They would all like to be able to point their friends at their profile with a simple link... their friends shouldn't have to sign in to view it... but sign in/up to post on it or make one of their own.... also an out of SMF page would be nice so that other users may search and browse member profiles without having to sign in and go through SMF....

Custom search fields - they would like to search members based on age, location, religion, race, marital status, so on... so a form/search would be nice..

details are negotiable... more features are a plus..... as long as the basic requests are there... cool......

sorry but i am not able to pay anyone... but wouldn't this be a cool mod?

if this mod is already made please let me know... I am not very good at browsing SMFs boards so i could have missed it...

Thank you,
Danny
I'd like to quote my idol. Homer Simpson. "Press any key now!... Any Key? Where's the any key?!... Doh!" ---- One day I'll be that good with computers..... ~ danny ~ feel free to IM me about anything!

winrules

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

silverdragonrs

Thank you... a few questions though....

will this allow the member/user to post say a 500 character field.. and then come back an hour later and add another one? and another so on so forth..

also.. would this text entered be visable to persons viewing the profile? and could the member writing it choose to keep it invisable to the public?

basically what im after here is a mod that will allow me to place a thread/post within the profile area of each member... and allow them to have their own private area..

concidering some of the mods i have read about this hardly seems difficult in comparison

then second to complete it would be to create a member list browser.. (ill be looking for that next.. i think i remember an area on smf where you can browse the memberlist.. maybe its even in the ssi... i dont remember.. will check..

if not then a database query shouldnt be to hard for you programming masters :)

something like

NAME                                      AGE                        SEX                          INTERESTS
JOHN DOE                                 17                            M                           MYSELF
JANE DOE                                  83                           F                            MR. JOHN DOE

or just

NAME
JOHN DOE    MAMMA DOE    GRAMPA DOE
JANE DOE    DADDY DOE      DOE DOE
JULIE DOE   UNCLE DOE       DOO DOE
BABY DOE    AUNTIE DOE
DEAD DOE    GRAMMA DOE

you get the point ;)

what do you think can it be done? :)

thanks,
danny
I'd like to quote my idol. Homer Simpson. "Press any key now!... Any Key? Where's the any key?!... Doh!" ---- One day I'll be that good with computers..... ~ danny ~ feel free to IM me about anything!

silverdragonrs

i found a few mods that may do the trick.. after im done setting up my site the way its supposed to be i will work on a few mods of my own...

thank you

Advertisement: