News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Files to be installed with mods? (Nevermind)

Started by Captain_Morrigan, June 15, 2006, 02:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain_Morrigan

I am creating a mod and am getting frustrated with the search feature (I use it all the time but sometimes it's aggravating to continuously refresh to see a second page worht of results, anways... but I'm trying to understand fully the way you install files for the mod.

I think that what I do is:
<install>
   Change this to the name of your readme file - if you have any.
   <readme>readme.txt</readme>
   Whatever filename you gave your modification file.
   <modification>modification.xml</modification>
   Add this only if you need to add settings - see add_settings.php. (most likely not.)
   <code>add_settings.php</code>
</install>

But I need a little help understanding what I'm doing. Here's what I need:
I need to create a folder in the sources directory and within that folder another folder. I need to add the source file for the mod into the first directory. I need to install the template file.

I've been looking at the documentation that it gives you in the Example mod ZIP file and it keeps referring me to http://docs.simplemachines.org which has pretty much the same information.

I want to test it to make sure it's working correctly before I can ZIP it at home and submit it. I'm really excited as this is my first mod but I don't quite understand this part of the modification. I already have the replace and add (modification.xml) file done.

Also with this package I need to add a simple language file but I think it would have to do with the above question of how to install a file.

Also, I almost forgot, I need to how to add a table to the Database so that the information is stored. I think I may mod the add_settings but I don't need to modify the modsettings I need to have a new table.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Edit: I found it inside of another mod that I had downloaded. Thanks anyways guys.

Advertisement: