News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

question re: ssi_latestMember

Started by dbrown, June 15, 2006, 11:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbrown

Hi all. I'm calling ssi_latestMember from my frontend to say a big hello to our....you guessed it....latest member. Problem. The new member is linkable (to their profile) and I need to have that link point to a different URL than what's in SSI.php. Basically, I want it to open the link in an iframe. I've done this with other functions in SSI by tweaking the code after/before $scripturl, but there's not $scripturl referenced in the ssi_latestMember function. Anyone have any ideas on how I can accomplish this?

Thanks
Please do not PM me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses by contacting someone who has a clue. Thank you.

Rudolf

you can use

$latest_member 
ssi_latestMember('array');

to get the output into an array instead of echoed out.
Then you can do what you want with the latest member.
The majority of ssi functions have two types of output: one echoes out the result, the other returns it.
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

dbrown

I'm a little lost, sorry - I know enough to be dangerous. Do I have to edit SSI.php, or is this something entered directly into my html? thanks
Please do not PM me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses by contacting someone who has a clue. Thank you.

Rudolf

in your custom page, where you call the ssi_latestMember
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

Advertisement: