News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

IP Address

Started by Green Death, June 16, 2006, 10:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Death

Which part of the code fetches the IP Address of the person?

I want to make the ip address of the board owner (myself) something different from my IP address, so that if other Chief Moderators, Moderators check the IP address ANYWHERE (including WHO'S ONLINE), it will be something like "10.10.10.10".

Thanks

Green Death

That's eight views and no replies.

I don't wish to be annoying, but could some of you state why you did not reply:

1) Did not know the answer.
2) Answered before.
3) Too difficult to code.
4) Inappropriate request for feature.
5) Wrong forum.

I'm just curious because my last post also gained no replies.

silverdragonrs

hey green most people who browse about the forum are just looking around.. for answers to their own problems or to help others with theres.. still some are just looking for new cool info... the help team will eventually get to your post.. it does not sound like a dificult or taboo issue. so just be patient.. the support team is short handed and volunteer based.. if you are interested in quick service try the charter program.. its not expencive and support staff can keep up a little better there as the crowd so to say isnt so large.. and less demanding. ;) I myself do not have the income.. so i just sit around waiting for my answers... i am not paying them so i will not push them.. my last help request was originally sent out almost a week ago and still not one reply... but eventually it will be answered.
I'd like to quote my idol. Homer Simpson. "Press any key now!... Any Key? Where's the any key?!... Doh!" ---- One day I'll be that good with computers..... ~ danny ~ feel free to IM me about anything!

Green Death

Thanks for replying. I was not trying to push anyone. I just wanted to make sure I was not just being an annoying poster. I didn't know there was a charter program. I'll look into it.

Green Death

Okay, I found out how to become a Charter Member.

silverdragonrs

i c that... lol... congrats.. they have there own area smoeplace.. ( i dont know where since im not a charter) on this site where they can sort out problems or something... so enjoy your new found freedom.. lol

peace.
I'd like to quote my idol. Homer Simpson. "Press any key now!... Any Key? Where's the any key?!... Doh!" ---- One day I'll be that good with computers..... ~ danny ~ feel free to IM me about anything!

Advertisement: