News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Wondering if we can have bot loaders on forum?

Started by djzzero, June 18, 2006, 05:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djzzero

Is it ever possible to make idle clones on my forum. That just stays online so it looks like there are 4 people online but they are just fake clones? Is it ever possible? If that is, can someone help me. Thank you!

Kindred

of course it is... but why would you want to?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

djzzero

Just to have idle on so people can stay active on my forum, dont want them to feel like its empty.

Dean Williams

this sounds like such a good idea, if a user thinks theres other users online he/she will be more obligated to post a few, or reply to a few topics.

I feel the same when i visit a forum, if theres people online it makes me more interested.

Would be cool if someone made a modification to make the guests online higher, or even add "fake account" members to the active list (cool!!)

Kindred

ugh...   I can't believe it.  Either users will post or they won't, I doubt that a user is "more liekly to post" is they see someone else online at the same time as they are.

Why don't you focus one making your forums more interesting for the users to join and then mor eposting will naturally follow.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ArkServer

Quote from: Kindred on June 18, 2006, 09:04:58 PM
ugh...   I can't believe it.  Either users will post or they won't, I doubt that a user is "more liekly to post" is they see someone else online at the same time as they are.

Why don't you focus one making your forums more interesting for the users to join and then mor eposting will naturally follow.

Agree

Advertisement: