News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF on an intranet server with XAMPP

Started by Zorri, June 22, 2006, 01:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorri

Hello,

I really got a serious problem with installing smf:

It's my aim to establish a forum only for intranet use. This means there are a a few pc's which can internet via a router. On of this pc I want to use as a server to use smf. For that I installed XMAPP.
If I copy smf into a folder and try to open the install.php, a page with thousand of errors open. It says that the language pack is not in the same folder etc etc - (smf 1.0.7) with rc it says that php is required to use that (which is - of course - installed).
I thought the problem is within the root folders, but it seems not to be the problem. Further the restriction to the folders via FTP are also not the problem.

I am totally exhausted - today I spend 10 hours for that - anybody can help?

Thanx... :P

kegobeer

This really is a server configuration issue.  I suggest asking for help at the XAMPP site.  Better yet, don't use XAMPP - download the individual components and install them yourself.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

Advertisement: