News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Help with Avatar Select

Started by vbgamer45, June 25, 2006, 10:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

I need some help with my avatar select on registration mod for SMF 1.1 RC2

The mod works fine with FireFox.
But with internet explorer generates a javascript error that I can't seem to fix.

Can be found at
http://www.smfhacks.com/hacks/Avatar-Select-on-Register.html

Any help would be great
Thanks,
vbgamer45
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

TheGamer

Looking at your xml files, the problem is that one of your JavaScript commands are not IE-compatible. I cannot say which one, sorry. I used to be quite proficient in JS, but now I'm sort of stupid with it. ;) But that is the problem, I believe. Perhaps a JavaScript whiz around here could take a look?

vbgamer45

Mostly the same code that SMF uses just removed the <!-- // --><![CDATA[ and some other parts that were no longer needed. Not sure if that first stuff is needed.

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

husmen73 (Gulhin)

-Kurumsal Kimlik Web Tasarım Hizmeti.
Gülhin Portal Sistemi hakkında yorumlarınızı bekliyorum.
SMF
Referanslar --> http://www.gulhin.com/referanslar-portfoy/
-Web Tasarımı ve Tema Tasarımı Sitesi www.gulhin.com
-TOPLU MAİL GÖNDERİMİ --> http://www.toplumailsms.com
E-Ticaret Sistemi yaptırmak mı istiyorsunuz?

vbgamer45

I am still looking for some help with this for internet explorer. It would be cool if it worked for IE too.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Joshsux

yeah, anybody know how to fix it? there must be somebody out there who can help!
If you can't hear it before you see it, then it ain't a harley

Joshsux

oh my god, can't believe nobody knows, guess everybody aint as smart as they seem on here!

Joshsux

VB, hows about we move this to a place mods will get nicked off with it and MAYBE it will get seen? i can't believe 4 days have gone or even longer and theres not even been 1 reply on what could be wrong.

denislici

vbgamer45 i have upgraded a little ur mod so that the avatar that will be select will be displayed... the image tells everything...

Download  the mod...

Love the Creature for Creator's sake. (English)
Duje Krijesen per hire te Krijuesit. (Albanian)
Yaradılan'ı sev Yaradan'dan ötürü. (Turkish)
Ami la Creatura per ce la creato il Creatore. (Italian)

Joshsux

awesome, it will work for Internet explorer?

Edit: damnit.... still doesn't work with IE and looks exacly the same.......... dont bother using it people ie users wont be able to sign up.  :-\

denislici

Quote from: Joshsux on August 14, 2006, 11:23:16 PM
awesome, it will work for Internet explorer?

Edit: damnit.... still doesn't work with IE and looks exacly the same.......... dont bother using it people ie users wont be able to sign up.  :-\

no you can sing up with the mod that i have uploaded.... i tested it... try again

Joshsux

maybe im doing something wrong to install it on my theme? i go into the theme xml and change the default board file to my theme board file.... i'll try again i guess but it didnt work when i tried it before.

Joshsux

Nope. it dont work. :S got a site i can test it with IE so i can see it working? also how do i enable it for my theme?

denislici

Quote from: Joshsux on August 17, 2006, 03:04:41 AM
Nope. it dont work. :S got a site i can test it with IE so i can see it working? also how do i enable it for my theme?

here u can test it... http://denemem.de.funpic.org/forum/index.php?action=register

u dont need to enable it, just install...

vbgamer45

Hmm, need to try it again works on your site going to test it out.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Joshsux

oh my god thats so bull****** how come it doesn't work for my theme but it works for that? maybe im installing it wrong? would you mind helping me how to exacly do it for my theme "aa new damage"? i would REALLY REALLY  REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate it mate.

denislici

i tried it with other and it works so... so it doesnt depend on the theme.... you can try to install it manually or after u have installed the mod copy the register.temlate.php from the default theme to ur theme directory...

steve46

doesnt work for me in IE either.

but what im really looking for is to be able to upload your own avatar at registration. anyone able to do this?

Advertisement: