News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Special 'post' template mod [REQUEST]

Started by Gobo, June 30, 2006, 02:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobo

Hi

I had this idea about a specialized post template option mod

the idea is as follows:

Based on the normal post template, another template is created (lets call it template 2 for example)

Now when the admin goes and creates a board he has the option in there in a drop down box for WHICH POST TEMPLATE to use for that board

So for example for support boards--> Post template 2 would be something like:

Subject:*

Your SMF Version:*

Your CMS:

Your website link:* (this wont be displayed as a hyperlink but as a plain text)

Message box (where the whole body of the message goes)

Feilds marked with an * are compulosry - without specifing that a user wont be allowed to make a post.

All the above values are displayed INSIDE the post but in an ordered manner using tables etc...so it would look nice and also at a glance give the reader all the info they need.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now of course this is a single example of what a customized post template could be used for.

Other uses may include:

Pesonals --> user is required to input multiple feilds like Age, Sex, Country, Picture (etc)

Software support forums

Online Business users --> Product support (online purchasing)

Gaming Sites or other sites ----> For intro board the member is asked a few questions which they have to answer to make an intro post like :Fav Game or Your name, etc etc.

--------------------------

So Basically the admin would have the option to be able to specify special post templates for specific boards.

Of course this dosent have to be limited to only 1 template - there could be many which may be selectable via the Admin panel when creating new boards.

And the best thing about this is that everyone with a bit of knowledge of PHP and HTML could easily open up the template files and modify them to suit their needs!

I hope I explained my idea properly ?

----------------------------------

So anyone interested in making this?

Advertisement: