News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Enhance the calendar, please..

Started by vancraft, June 30, 2006, 12:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vancraft

SMF has the best calendar. This is one reason why I now choose SMF and recommend it for all my customers.

The ability to post social events is very important.

I set up an entire school system on SMF for sports activities.

The biggest setback is that to select multiple days for an event(such as a practice schedule) It also selects weekends in a consecutive group.

If football practice is from 4-6pm, on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays; for the next 11 weeks; I would like to only make one post, but select the specific dates, or days of the week.

In other words, I'd like to select multiple NONconsecutive dates.

Currently I have to repost the same info on multiple dates and them merge the resulting topics.

The calendar feature does make SMF an great option. But more versatility in the calendar would really help.

HecKel

You can add N events to the same post..., if you choose to link post to calendar you can add a lot off events without replace other events from that post.

To remove them you should use the red asterisc on the calendar.

I hope that I can help you and sorry my bad english :(

HecKel
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

Dannii

SMF's calendar is really only very basic, and although these ideas could be good for a mod, I doubt they'll be made as features. If you need a more complex calendar, use another system, there are many nice ones on sourceforge, or you could use google calendar.

You could integrate either of those options with SMF and a bit of work.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

vancraft

Quote from: eldacar on July 01, 2006, 11:05:32 PM
SMF's calendar is really only very basic, and although these ideas could be good for a mod, I doubt they'll be made as features. If you need a more complex calendar, use another system, there are many nice ones on sourceforge, or you could use google calendar.

You could integrate either of those options with SMF and a bit of work.
No doubt, SMF provides more in the way of calendar features than any other BB package.
I think it's a huge plus.

I appreciate the tip on linking from a post. I'll try that.

As a non-developer I wonuldn't have a clue how to integrate anything. But if multiple-date linking comes available, I'll be thrilled.

Advertisement: