Main Menu

Connection problems :(

Started by el-brujo, April 19, 2004, 05:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el-brujo

I have a problem with my SMF forum:

Sometims works normal, but sometimes displays the error:

QuoteConnection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

I'm watching the SHOW PROCESSLIST and i saw this:

Process list

ID      User      Host      Database       Command      Time      Status      SQL-query
439      alex      private_ip:54773      yabbse      Sleep      10      ---      ---
443      unauthenticated user      private_ip:54783      None      Connect            Reading from net      ---

The first query is a normal query, but the second "forgots" the user and tuhe database wich means is an "Failed Attemp", wich means --->

QuoteConnection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Why sometims makes the query normal, but sometimes forgot the user, and database ¿?

Is that normal?

Thank you

I'm not shure but i'm watching in the server-status of the apache and when it has more than "300 requests currently being processed"  i think this machine can't create the socket to connect with the mysql host, and then forgot the user and database. Is that posible?

[Unknown]

Probably it's hitting the "max connections" wall because it's off the main server.  Using a piped localhost server is several times faster and very much recommended.  It's trying to get the remote ip to check permissions in this case.

-[Unknown]

Seg

I am having these problems as well. [unknown] could you be more specific in your answer, I'm not quite sure what you mean by piped localhost server. I am assuming you are some how refering to '|'.

I, like many people, as using virtual hosting, so i dont have root access or admin access to the mysql server, what can I do to remedy these issues?

Thanks,
-Seg
"If you feed us cans, do we not bleat?"

[Unknown]

That was specific to his problem.  By piped, I mean the special way "127.0.0.1" or "localhost" works, which is several times more efficient than "over the internet" queries.

Do you get this when you have more people online?  Does it seem to come and go?  Does refreshing a lot resolve it?

Please start new topics for new requests, though, because it reduces confusion.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: