Bridge 1.1.5

Started by Orstio, July 05, 2006, 08:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

This bridge is obsolete.  Please do not PM me for it.

gjacob3412

Finally figured out why I could not find the attached file on your post regarding v1.1.4 - You had removed it.  Found v 1.1.5, on install, and setup - was ran, and killed the database/template of the host domain of my test system.  Gladdly am just testing this on my domain and not on production.  I suppose that I have missed something during the install,.. so will start over.  Bridge did not sync any users from the joomla database to the smf - killing the joomla site information.

I'll re-install joomla! (just starting so didn't have a backup) and try again.

Orstio

QuoteBridge did not sync any users from the joomla database to the smf - killing the joomla site information.

I don't understand how synching users TO SMF has any relation to "killing the joomla site information".

Also, if this is a new installation of Joomla, just how many users do you have to synch?

gjacob3412

Quote from: Orstio on July 05, 2006, 10:44:22 PM
QuoteAlso, if this is a new installation of Joomla, just how many users do you have to synch?

Didn't have many.  I am testing / learning the configuration on my own site before I implement it on another.  So I only had maybe 2 users.. 

I am going to attempt the install again,.. this time I will make a back up at each stage.   ::)

ariens2

This kicks ass.

Yesterday I discovered the prev. version and today decided to implement this on behalf of a client.  I'm glad I don't have to stumble through the gigantic thread for the previous version to discover any quirks/bugs/etc...  Thanks dude.

My quick question:

Is it possible to convert a SimpleBoard v1.1 installation to SMF v1.1 RC2?

gasg

baal00

ariens2

I've just installed this, works great, but... Perhaps I'm missing something obvious... can someone please tell me why when I visit my site:

hxxp:www.myfakesite.com/ [nonactive]

I am looking at SMF with Mambo wrapped around the forum, and my old default landing page is no longer there?  I want to get back my old default page because I only want the SMF forum to appear when the appropriate menu item is clicked.

Any help would be appreciated, other then that, good stuff.

Kindred

the first menu item is the front page of the site.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ariens2

Quote from: Kindred on July 06, 2006, 02:32:18 PM
the first menu item is the front page of the site.

Not sure what you mean.  SMF isnt even added to my menu yet, and it's become the default component of the landing page...

Orstio

QuoteNot sure what you mean.  SMF isnt even added to my menu yet, and it's become the default component of the landing page...

Go to your Joomla admin panel.  Go to your Menu menu.  Click on mainmenu.

If the "Forum" item is the very first one in the list, it will appear on your Home page.

betamccorkle

this doesn't allow the smf arcade functionality for SMFarcade 1.3.0-MOD-E1.2 since the forum component junk is added in joomla, or somewhere the code is revised that when your game is submitted (assuming the forum is wrapped in joomla) that it just goes to that front page, instead of submitting.  I had a copy of joomla (1.0.7) that I originally started from w/ my joomla + smf bridge (not this one though) + arcade that I had this working... any thoughts?

i have a feeling i'm going to be told to take a hike and go to hxxp:smfarcade.net [nonactive] for my questions...
JOOMLA 1.0.10 + SMF 1.1.5 Bridge + SMF FORUM 1.1RC2 + SMF ARCADE 1.3.0-MOD-E1.2 + PHP121 instant messenger + Moodle 1.5.4 (2005060240) + WORD PRESS 2.0.3 + AJAX Group Chat

N3k0

Nice... the upgrade works great, thanks man =)

Chaox

Advertisement: