How Secure Is SMF against SQL Injections

Started by 3guk, July 07, 2006, 06:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3guk

Hi Guys,

Since my SMF forum has now blossomed and is much bigger than one could have expected, I am getting worried about security problems.

In the last few days hundreds of IPB sites have been taken down / compromised due to SQL injections, just search "regvista forum" on google and you will see how widespread the problem is.

As of yet there doesnt seem to be an official hack on the regvista site, but I fear it is only a matter of time until SMF could be facing the same problems from a slightly modified version.

Is there much chance of this happening, I know Joomla! have had to release a new version to clean up some of the points of entry.

Dannii

If you keep up to date and install all the security updates, then you'll be fine.

Your mods however may not be. You have to be careful with mods, and install them at your own risk.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

3guk

Ok,

Well im keeping tabs on the sites I know that are releasing these things, so if I see an SMF one released will let the Dev's know through the relevant channels.

Thanks

Advertisement: