News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Inline edit quirks in development version

Started by Rudolf, July 07, 2006, 05:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolf

I see a new "feature" added in the development version, namely that when you click on the inline edit for editing a post an ugly horrible green bar appears saying with huge characters "Loading..."

I hope it's just a joke, or in pre-alpha state. The idea is good, but it looks horrible.
And while we're here, once entered "inline editing" mode, the link for editing should disappear. It is still there, and by clicking it does it's thing: reloading the message. It's wasted bandwidth and server time, and it's non-sense having there.
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

Thantos

The ajax indicator is stylible so if you don't like it on your board you are free to change it.

Its sole purpose in life is to draw attention to itself so that the user knows that something is going on.

The modify link should stay.  Someone might realize that they want the full edit page and it should always be offered to them.

Rudolf

Yes, I know about AJAX and feedback, I was thinking to suggest something like this since the release of RC2. Some feedback that something is happening.

I explained myself bad, it's not the normal edit link that should disappear, but the small icon for editing the post inline. Once it's clicked the post is loaded with the Save|Spell Check|Cancel buttons. The small icon is still there in the right bottom corner.
Clicking on it first cancels the editing (aka goes out from edit_mode) then reloads the edit form, so it's again in edit mode. Though it is not a bug, it shouldn't do that because it is illogical and a waste (when careless end-users carelessly continue clicking on it).

PS: you could put a title="" on it(the small icon/image) saying "Edit post" or something so to give some hint to people about it's function.
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

Thantos

Ah ok I understand what you mean.  We'll see ;)

Advertisement: