News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Spam Proof PM's

Started by phark, July 09, 2006, 08:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phark

I read a couple of post regarding spamming via PM's.  This seems to be a more and more common problem.

I was thinking of ways to stop this.  Why not put some kind of random code that people have to enter before their PM is sent?

Just a thought,   ;)

PrizeLive.com

Or limit the amount of PM's a member can send at once and notify the admin to check into his account?
Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

JayBachatero

Quote from: SurfExcelerator.com on July 09, 2006, 08:33:48 PM
Or limit the amount of PM's a member can send at once and notify the admin to check into his account?

This is a built in feature in RC2.
Admin > Features and Settings > Maximum number of recipients allowed in a personal message.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

phark

Thanks Jay...  Guess I overlooked that.

Patrick

PrizeLive.com

Quote from: Jay The Code Monkey on July 09, 2006, 10:54:56 PM
This is a built in feature in RC2.
Admin > Features and Settings > Maximum number of recipients allowed in a personal message.

Actually I meant... what if the member PM's members one by one? No one would catch it unless one of the members who received a PM would tell on him.. 

What I was trying to say was that there should be some sort of limit on the number of PM's a member can send in a certain time frame. Some members send several PM's (10 or so in several minutes).. something like that.

JayBachatero

You can limit the amount of PMs on Membergroup level.  You can limit the Newbie group then.  Also I don't think people have that much free time to PM members one by one.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

PrizeLive.com

Quote from: Jay The Code Monkey on July 09, 2006, 11:50:48 PM
You can limit the amount of PMs on Membergroup level.  You can limit the Newbie group then.  Also I don't think people have that much free time to PM members one by one.

True.. but I was just saying.. I've seen it happen before.. Thanks though.

Advertisement: