Page created in 0.572 seconds with 19 queries. (But FF took 22 sec. to render)

Started by Niteblade, July 10, 2006, 08:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niteblade

Even though it took FireFox 22 seconds to display a page on my forum, when the page is finally displayed, it says "Page created in 0.572 seconds with 19 queries." at the bottom.

I do have APC installed.

Is this due to some defect of being on shared hosting ?

More over, what does it mean when the page is created in negative seconds ?

Example "Page created in -0.572 seconds with 19 queries."
affiliate blog

Skipdawg

Good question. I've wondered about the difference between page load time and page creation time myself.  ???
Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

Ben_S

Creation Time is how long it took the server to create the page, load time is how long it takes the page to be sent to your browser and actually render it, smf obviously can only measure the creation time.

I've no idea why you are getting negative values though, I've never seen that before and it's obviously impossible so something going wrong somewhere with the timer.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Skipdawg

Quote from: Ben_S on July 11, 2006, 11:55:20 AM
Creation Time is how long it took the server to create the page, load time is how long it takes the page to be sent to your browser and actually render it, smf obviously can only measure the creation time.

I've no idea why you are getting negative values though, I've never seen that before and it's obviously impossible so something going wrong somewhere with the timer.

Thanks that makes it very clear.

I guess page load would very depending on the browser and connection speed too. As well as CPU and memory processing time for the data on the user end.
Skipdawg's Community