News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elysia

Thank you for responding so quickly, vbgamer45.

I have tried adding in an .htaccess file in for forum folder with the code you give above, but I am still getting the Forbidden message.  I can't find anything in the info.php file about mod_security - I assume it would show up there if it was on the server? 

I have also tried adding in the patch at the end of that topic, to see if that fixes things and it doesn't - still that pesky Forbidden message, so I am still well and truly stumped.  Is there anything I can do, or is it a speak to the hosting company situation?

What I don't understand is why it lets me access the Links index screen but no further? 

Kindred, why not please?

Elysia

Just to test things a bit more, I copied and pasted into a new post the text from the Mod_Security post to see if it triggered anything (having first removed both the patch and the .htaccess file with the switch code in it) - and nothing changed, forum works as usual whereas I was expecting it to lock up...  this is awfully confusing.

vbgamer45

If that doesn't work you may have to contact your host to disable mod_security for your website
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Elysia

OK I'll have a word and see what they say. Thanks for your help, much appreciated. :)

Looking

Good mod. A bug maybe: When trying to edit settings for regular members you get "No category selected". I saw someone mention it too but it wasn't addressed.

vbgamer45

New update
!Fixed a bug with category level permissions when editing for regular member group not working.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Looking

Thank you for the update and speedy service.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

t2hol

Hi,
I've just installed latest MOD version with SMF 2.0.11 but I got error when access the Link setting
=====================
Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
http://www.wpse.net [nofollow]

Kindred

Would suggest a host side issue...   Either mod_security or a Wordpress security addon that intercepts the action
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mforum

Hi, i am using smf links 3.0.5 on SMF 2.0.11 ... forum language greek utf8 ... when i post in greek at category title, description i have a result of "Chinese"  characters  :o

vbgamer45

Make sure all the links tables are utf8 instead of latin1 for the character set.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mforum

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 09, 2016, 10:04:39 AM
Make sure all the links tables are utf8 instead of latin1 for the character set.

ohhh i have done only smf_links tables ... i switched all to utf8_general_ci and worked perfectly !!!
thanks a lot !

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

-Rock Lee-

Great job @vbgamer45 No doubt I'll use it for a project I'm starting to others :D Here I leave the translation to the Latin Spanish I hope will be useful :)

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

vbgamer45

Thanks for the translation!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Alpay

Does UTF-8 support?

vbgamer45

Unknown give it a try. This is an old mod though.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Alpay

Links all Db tables => latin_swedish_ci => utf8_general_ci
problem solved ^^

Advertisement: