News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Links

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 12, 2006, 12:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiNiBuDa

Hi !

I've installed this mod, but I want change some colours.

Example:

I want change background colour in the links mod. I see than this colour is of .tborder in my style.css.

How I change the colour, but no modificate these propierty of style.css???

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks.

Vinspire

Another awesome mod from vbgamer45  ;D

Will try to install it in my board later  :D

kittykatt

OK I am lost... I have installed it, well so I think... loaded it up and nothing is there.
What do I do, can I have a little bit more of how to install it please .
I have 1.0.7 version (it says it should work with it).

Its not showing up.
www.whippet-community.co.uk
I have 1.1.7 version

vbgamer45

Doesn't look like it installed. Make sure all your files are writable.
It should add a links button to the default theme and you can access it via index.php?action=links
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

kittykatt

Ok.. So tell me if I did anything wrong.

I downloaded the link (not unzip, just as it is) loaded up in the forum where the

Package Manager - Browse Packages
Modification Packages
   Mod Name Version   
1. SMF Links 1.3                               [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
2. Streaming 3 4.2.2                          [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
3. Ad Managment 1.0.2b                     [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
4. Board Viewers 0.6                          [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
5. Enchanced post template 1.0.2        [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
6. Thank You Mod 1.03                       [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
7. SMF Trader System 1.0                  [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 

I have clicked all the Apply Mod, and it says like this...

(this is about yours, but just saying that all other is the same, nothing shows up)
Package Manager - Install Actions
Install Actions for archive Links.zip:
Installing this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Success
2. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php Success
3. Execute Modification ./index.php Success
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Success
5. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Success
6. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Success
7. Extract File ./Sources/Links.php 
8. Extract File ./Themes/default/Links.template.php 
9. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/english/links.gif 
10. Execute Code linksql.php

( what does the 7. Extract File ./Sources/Links.php 
8. Extract File ./Themes/default/Links.template.php 
9. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/english/links.gif 
10. Execute Code linksql.php
means)

Then there is nothing to click after this except the
FTP Information Required
Which I have tried but no change.

I have 1.1.7 version

vbgamer45

It is a permission problem. You need to chmod all the files for smf on a linux host to 777. Which will allow the package manager to alter files and then install mods.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

kittykatt

Ok I have started to wonder if there is something wrong with my site, are those
last one that says extract suppse to go into the forum?
they are not there.. so do I need to do that by hand?
I have 1.1.7 version

kittykatt

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 17, 2006, 08:35:59 AM
It is a permission problem. You need to chmod all the files for smf on a linux host to 777. Which will allow the package manager to alter files and then install mods.

Right those that do not load?
thanks... (sorry I was posting when you did lol)
I have 1.1.7 version

kittykatt

OK I am sorry.. which files?
Do I unzip it and load them by ftp and alll by hand?
I have 1.1.7 version

vbgamer45

I woudln't do that first that's a little harder. If you have cpanel as a control panel goto the folder that contains SMF and make sure it is set to 777

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

kittykatt

No I dont... I only have ftp, the Cpanel is not meant for the, the only thing that is in my cpanel is for the emails and other things, but no folders.

I did manage the ftp in there. but it says this.

An Error Has Occurred!
2: copy(/home/fhlinux183/w/whippet-community.co.uk/user/htdocs/Themes/default/images/english/links.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /home/fhlinux183/w/whippet-community.co.uk/user/htdocs/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 814 

What is the best way now lol.. I am sorry but I really want this.
This is happening to all my mods I am trying to install :(
I have 1.1.7 version

paulyoung76

i can't use it in chinese smf. could it make to support in chinese smf? i want to link to another website

vbgamer45

Is it broken with chinese? Might need to add utf support but I do not know how to do that yet.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

paulyoung76

yes. i can't see the link button on the menu button. i have install in english smf before but now i install in chinese smf , i can't see the button. or is it possible to create link at the bottom just like the shortcut to.

vbgamer45

Yeah you can create a link to all it needs to is point to yourforum.com/index.php?action=links

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

paulyoung76

i have a blank space between my button. i think is link button. how can i make the link button function? is it manually change the file?

paulyoung76

is it possible that change the link button name to chinese then the button can be press? the problem is i can point to /index.php?action=link then i can add links but the button can't click so no one can view the links. can we change it?

rockinaway

how about adding Google PR?
Have I helped you? Then please join AdminFuel - The forum for forum administrators.

If you need help managing your forum, or maybe launching it, then visit us and view the quality articles, downloads and posts.

vbgamer45

Quote from: rockinaway on August 18, 2006, 08:36:12 AM
how about adding Google PR?
Maybe just it would take a lot of lookups if the pr is lookedup each page view unless pr is just stored when the named is entered into the database.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

rockinaway

Well the PR wouldn't change that quick would it?.. or how about having it so that the members updates it themselves..
Have I helped you? Then please join AdminFuel - The forum for forum administrators.

If you need help managing your forum, or maybe launching it, then visit us and view the quality articles, downloads and posts.

Advertisement: