News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

move database?

Started by doer, July 14, 2006, 08:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doer

SMF Version: SMF 1.0.7
I have one running board.
and I want to have another board which is installed in different directory but on the same server(different database).

How can I move my database to newly installed one...?(I want to use both)

sawz

if your creating a brand new board with a new database, just install to the new folder, use a different database name and you should be good to go.
keep smiling, they'll always wonder what your up too.....

doer

I want my users, and posts to be added to my new forum.

sawz

ok, in that case, just use the db info you have going right now, don't create an admin account because i assume there is already one. just skip that part and proceed.
keep smiling, they'll always wonder what your up too.....

doer

Quote from: sawz on July 14, 2006, 08:59:48 AM
ok, in that case, just use the db info you have going right now, don't create an admin account because i assume there is already one. just skip that part and proceed.

I've already installed my second SMF forum which is integrated with subdreamer. I wanted to use the old database while installing... but then it doesn't integrate with subdreamer.

So I have installed SMF on same database where I have installed subdreamer(in different tables).

Now, what I want is to get my data (users, posts, attachments) from my previous copy to this integrated one...  ;)

thank you!

青山 素子

It might work best to get the forum working non-integrated from the old data, then get that working with integration.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

MH-MINI

Use phpMyAdmin to export the current DB from your old host and then import it via phpMyAdmin to your new host, and then accordingly assign a DB login to that, then put the settings accordingly into Settings.php, then you should be good to go, however you may need to run repair_settings.php.

What is phpMyAdmin?

What is repair_settings.php?

Mini

Advertisement: