SEO and Search Engine Results

Started by XHIBIT911, August 20, 2012, 11:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XHIBIT911

Ok SMF isn't exactly the friendliest format for search engines, but yesterday I googled keywords for my 5 month old site and it didnt show in the first 25 pages WTF ?

I have the meta keywords and all...how can I get better results, my site is being buried

floridaflatlander

Try a mod Optimus Brave (I think that's what it's called).

I'm going to assume you have good content, do you have relevant links to your site, an example would be an outdoor store or business linked to another outdoor site.

mrintech

Optimus Brave MOD can insert Meta Name Description for your forum Homepage/Boards/Topic Pages: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2659

Meta Description may help in improving your search results :)

XHIBIT911

i think I had that loaded but it was so complicated that I uninstalled...I'll check into it again. And my site is in a genre thats small and fiercly competitive that so many people content steal so we generally dont do links or banner exchanges...but its a well sourced site because its always a stream of visitors and bots

XHIBIT911

Also I use pretty URL so does this affect it at all ?

floridaflatlander

Quote from: XHIBIT911 on August 20, 2012, 12:34:09 PM
i think I had that loaded but it was so complicated that I uninstalled...I'll check into it again.

Do you have a localhost on your home or work computer? That would be the place to play with it.

floridaflatlander


mrintech

If the search results are competitive, then it will be harder for you to rank in top 5/10. Try getting links from high authority websites/forums.

Also, if you are victim of content plagiarism, submit DMCA report to Google: http://support.google.com/bin/static.py?hl=en&ts=1114905&page=ts.cs


Quote from: XHIBIT911 on August 20, 2012, 12:37:03 PM
Also I use pretty URL so does this affect it at all ?

Nope, not at all ;)

Eugeanne

Quote from: XHIBIT911 on August 20, 2012, 11:26:33 AM
I googled keywords for my 5 month old site and it didnt show in the first 25 pages WTF ?

I have the meta keywords and all...how can I get better results, my site is being buried

Maybe your keywords are too competitive. Maybe you checked for other long tail keyword with a medium competition. And what about the content? Are you updating regularly?

Kindred

DO note: META keywords are not a heavy part of ranking at this point. CONTENT keywords rank far more heavily, due to the fact that people started "stuffing" their metatags several years ago
Слова
Украина

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

floridaflatlander

Quote from: Kindred on September 21, 2012, 07:04:33 AM
DO note: META keywords are not a heavy part of ranking at this point. CONTENT keywords rank far more heavily, due to the fact that people started "stuffing" their metatags several years ago

Very true from what I understand and it's not really key words it's key phrases and if possible they need to be in your title and content.

Advertisement: