• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.
October 25, 2021, 12:36:54 AM

News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.


[Theme] Cerberus (SMF 1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, March 21, 2005, 03:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lit4ever

I love this theme soooo much....I have a question tho.  (please remember that I'm a grandma and be kind)  I would like to make the box in user info for recent post, into an upward scroll marquee.  What page do I go into to do this?  or can it even be done?

Thanks

lit4ever

here's where it's at http://lit4ever.org/pray4revival/index.php

bloc

You mean to have those "recent posts" at the bottom scroll?

lit4ever

Yes...the block that has 5 recent posts in it.  Remember I don't know much about this stuff.

Thank so much

lit4ever

lit4ever

I would like to keep the recent posts updating in it but just want it to scroll up.  I know how to make a marquee but not where to go to enter it.  Or if it can be done.

Thanks

Lit4ever

Brotherman

I've been trying to find the answer on my own, so I hope this is the correct forum for my question.  It has to do with the Calender section.  In Cerberus, the current day has a background color of sky blue.  How or Where do I change that color? 
"There's Nothing That The Proper Attitude Won't Render Funkable!"


bloc

Quote from: lit4ever on August 26, 2005, 05:22:02 AM
I would like to keep the recent posts updating in it but just want it to scroll up.  I know how to make a marquee but not where to go to enter it.  Or if it can be done.

Thanks

Lit4ever
Just using the marquee tag won't work, since it is just horisontal..so you would have to use a javascript for this. If you do that, then this is the code bit that do the recent posts:

                        echo '
                        <table width="100%" border="0">';
                        /* Each post in latest_posts has:
                                board (with an id, name, and link.), topic (the topic's id.), poster (with id, name, and link.),
                                subject, short_subject (shortened with...), time, link, and href. */
                        foreach ($context['latest_posts'] as $post)
                                echo '
                                <tr>
                                        <td align="right" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap">[', $post['board']['link'], ']</td>
                                        <td valign="top">', $post['link'], ' ', $txt[525], ' ', $post['poster']['link'], '</td>
                                        <td align="right" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap">', $post['time'], '</td>
                                </tr>';
                        echo '
                        </table>';

bloc

Quote from: Brotherman on August 27, 2005, 05:25:37 PM
I've been trying to find the answer on my own, so I hope this is the correct forum for my question.  It has to do with the Calender section.  In Cerberus, the current day has a background color of sky blue.  How or Where do I change that color? 

Cerberus doesn't have a Calendar.template of its own..so it just shows the default theme's one. But you can simply copy over that from default theme folder over to cerberus folder and than find the following code bit:
// If this is today, make it a different color and show a border.
echo '
<td class="windowbg" valign="top" style="', $day['is_today'] ? 'height: 96px; border: 2px outset; background-color: #C1E5FF;' : 'height: 100px;', ' padding: 2px;">';


Changing the background-color there will change the background of the blue box.

bloc


lit4ever

Thank you so much....but which page do I do this on?

Lit4ever

Brotherman

Quote from: Bloc on August 28, 2005, 03:18:03 AM
Cerberus doesn't have a Calendar.template of its own..so it just shows the default theme's one. But you can simply copy over that from default theme folder over to cerberus folder and than find the following code bit:
// If this is today, make it a different color and show a border.
echo '
<td class="windowbg" valign="top" style="', $day['is_today'] ? 'height: 96px; border: 2px outset; background-color: #C1E5FF;' : 'height: 100px;', ' padding: 2px;">';


Changing the background-color there will change the background of the blue box.

Thanks Man! That did the trick!  That blue color with the rest of your Cerberus theme was making it next to impossible to read anything that was on the current calendar day.  I changed the current days background color to black, and it's perfect!  Thanks for your help.
"There's Nothing That The Proper Attitude Won't Render Funkable!"

bloc

Quote from: lit4ever on August 28, 2005, 03:22:58 AM
Thank you so much....but which page do I do this on?

Lit4ever
BoardIndex.template.php , inside the Cerberus folder.

lit4ever


jazzman

Excellent theme.  I'm using it in conjunction with MKportal, and it looks absolutely great.  How would I go about removing the collapsible header?  With the forum incorporated on the main page of my site, it gets a bit bulky.  As a stand alone forum, though, it is a very cool feature.

Thanks!!

denarius

Quote from: jazzman on August 28, 2005, 10:22:08 PM
How would I go about removing the collapsible header?  With the forum incorporated on the main page of my site, it gets a bit bulky. 

Yes, it is a cool graphic, but I would like to be able to just have the HTML box at the top, without the User Info (which is not shrinking in the 1.1beta3 version).

Could this be an option?

Thanks for your great work.

bloc

I will look into making it a option - and making sure the upshrink works. :)

bloc

Ok, updated the theme for smf1.1beta 3.

It now have a option of hiding the top completely - for use in portals for example. :) If its requested I will add this to Cerberus for smf 1.0.5 too.

jazzman

I'd like to see the option of hiding the top in SMF 1.0.5.  Thanks!

dtm.exe

Quote from: jazzman on September 07, 2005, 03:53:15 PM
I'd like to see the option of hiding the top in SMF 1.0.5.  Thanks!

What top?  What part?

Advertisement: