News:

SMF 2.0.19 has been released! Please update. Read more.

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myaicons

#1660
shouldnt the option "text area" be large enough?

there doesent seem to be a character limit to it anyways...

maybe just align the word "biography" to the top of the text area...

also....


does anybody know how to change this mod to make it permission based?  by membergroup?

or even... have the selection or check box field to have subentries (text box) depending on the selection box or check box answer?

:D

much appreciated
i scratch your back you scratch my back...
funny thing about my back is its located on my...

badams

Not if your typing several lines in a Biography......members are complaining because the input box is not big enough to view what they've typed.

I didn't see an option where the size of the box could be changed.  Based on what I'm seeing, the box is fixed and you can type an unlimited amount of characters.

The mod meets all my other requirements, with the exception of the size of the Box.....What I'm asking or need help on....is can the size of the box be changed...and if so, since I know little PHP, how and what I need to do in order to change it's size......

I was hoping there might have been an easy solution to my problem.....


Klabautermann

One short question. At what point do I have to edit a Break < /br> in the display.template.php to get space between the custom profile field and the post field. To know exactly what I mean look at http://www.tiny-soldiers.com/index.php/topic,464.msg1312.html#msg1312. Thats my profile. Look for Spielsysteme...... and Posts, thats where i want to have a break.

Klabautermann

Ah got this, only have had to put a </br> in pre and past text.

Klabautermann

How do I get the custom informations in the memberlist?

JoeP

I just installed this mod and the install seemed to work without error.  however, I do not see any change to "features and options" and can find nowhere to make custom profile fields.
Am I missing something or should I just try reinstalling?
thanks,
joe

TrueSatan

@ JoeP

Assuming you are running an English language only forum:

You need to go to ACP>Server Settings and set your forum language to English and not English utf8 and to ACP>Features and Options>Basic Settings and uncheck Enable user-selectable language support.

If you are using a theme other than the SMF default theme you will need to manually install the mod into that, custom, theme.

aldo

I cant find where I make custom profile fields in the Admin CP... Help please

Klabautermann

No one an idea how to get the infos of the custom fields into the memberlist?

@aldo: Admin CP --> Features and Options --> Custom Filed Mod

TJTELLEZ9

1.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ModSettings.php   Test successful
2.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php   Test successful
3.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Display.template.php   Test failed
4.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php   Test successful
5.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Register.template.php   Test successful
6.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Register.php   Test successful
7.   Delete File   ./Sources/CustomProfile.php   
8.   Delete File   ./Themes/default/languages/CustomProfile.english.php   

Mod appears to be working though....any ideas?

TrueSatan

@ Klabautermann

As you can see from other postings a lot of people want custom alterations to the mod...most of the time the mod author of this mod has so much else on his plate he's unlikely to have time to consider such work...you might be lucky and find somebody else to do it but you might also need to offer it as a paid task.

@ TJTELLEZ9

Your posting shows a failed file...as per the alert you must have seen at that point in your attempted installation you were advised not to proceed. Most of the time such fails can be dealt with by manual editing of the failed file but not always...sometimes the file will be difficult to edit due to changes made in it by another mod...or the mods already in the file may conflict with the one you wish to add. On rare occasions the rest of the edits the mod should make may not be done to the other files affected by the mod so a complete manual installation may be needed.

You should not ignore the alerts SMF gives.

JoeP

#1671
Quote from: TrueSatan on January 14, 2008, 09:22:35 PM
@ JoeP

Assuming you are running an English language only forum:

You need to go to ACP>Server Settings and set your forum language to English and not English utf8 and to ACP>Features and Options>Basic Settings and uncheck Enable user-selectable language support.

If you are using a theme other than the SMF default theme you will need to manually install the mod into that, custom, theme.
I had English language selected.  I unchecked Enable user-selectable language support.  I am using default theme.  I still don't see anything under Features and Options.
I attempted to uninstall (in prep for reinstall) and got a Modification Parse Error.
The package zip file permission is 777.
I'm running xampp, php 5.2.5.

I've tried 3 times now with no luck.  Each time, the install appears to go fine but no new tab shows up under features and options.
I've used the packages->options to uncheck the backup ~ option and to set all files as writeable.  I did notice, however, that the sources directory permissions were not set to 777.  Is this ok?

TJTELLEZ9

Quote from: TrueSatan on January 15, 2008, 04:41:49 AM
@ TJTELLEZ9

Your posting shows a failed file...as per the alert you must have seen at that point in your attempted installation you were advised not to proceed. Most of the time such fails can be dealt with by manual editing of the failed file but not always...sometimes the file will be difficult to edit due to changes made in it by another mod...or the mods already in the file may conflict with the one you wish to add. On rare occasions the rest of the edits the mod should make may not be done to the other files affected by the mod so a complete manual installation may be needed.

You should not ignore the alerts SMF gives.

I hear there is a parser than can help identify the manual edits.  Can anyone link to it?

kingkong2

I have installed this mod, with the intention of adding a dat field for when the users accnt was created.

Everything seems to work, but i can only see the value when looking at a users profile.

Is there a way, to have it viewed on the Members page?
Or for that matter, to remove the columns of MSN, ICQ, website etc. should i decide?

Thks for all the help
(and sorry, i did PM and saw the mods profile after.)

TrueSatan

Oh boy I can see this is going to be a long posting...

@ JoeP

There are several things you can try:


  • Create a "temp", sans quotes, directory in your Packages directory and CHMOD that to 777.
  • ACP>Packages>Options uncheck Create Backup versions of replaced files with a tilda (~) on the end of their names and save
  • If you are running on a 64 bit OS then via the Package Manager add mod attached to this posting.

Sometimes XAMPP can produce odd results that wouldn't be there on a normal Internet server hosted environment...not often but sometimes.

@ TJTELLEZ9

Certainly...one of the more up to date versions is on SMF Helper where I co-admin:

http://www.smfhelper.info/forum/package.php5

@ kingkong2

Not currently part of the mod...you will see it has been requested by other members and it may be something the mod developer might consider at a later date for a new version.

BTW it would be simply impossible to answer all the PMs one would get here if one is known for providing support...and other members wouldn't benefit from the information given that way...it's not that any of us ask not to be PM'd to be unfriendly.

JoeP

Quote from: TrueSatan on January 15, 2008, 11:10:14 AM
Oh boy I can see this is going to be a long posting...

@ JoeP

There are several things you can try:


  • Create a "temp", sans quotes, directory in your Packages directory and CHMOD that to 777.
  • ACP>Packages>Options uncheck Create Backup versions of replaced files with a tilda (~) on the end of their names and save
  • If you are running on a 64 bit OS then via the Package Manager add mod attached to this posting.

Sometimes XAMPP can produce odd results that wouldn't be there on a normal Internet server hosted environment...not often but sometimes.

@ TJTELLEZ9

Certainly...one of the more up to date versions is on SMF Helper where I co-admin:

http://www.smfhelper.info/forum/package.php5

@ kingkong2

Not currently part of the mod...you will see it has been requested by other members and it may be something the mod developer might consider at a later date for a new version.

BTW it would be simply impossible to answer all the PMs one would get here if one is known for providing support...and other members wouldn't benefit from the information given that way...it's not that any of us ask not to be PM'd to be unfriendly.

Thanks!
I think I'm going to go all the way back to square one and reinstall smf, restore my db from a previous dump, run repair_settings, then do as you suggest.
joe

TrueSatan

Actually I forgot to add the 64 bit fix (it's a bug fix created by Sarge).

JoeP

Quote from: TrueSatan on January 15, 2008, 11:24:30 AM
Actually I forgot to add the 64 bit fix (it's a bug fix created by Sarge).
thanks again.  I'm not on a 64 bit machine but it'll help others.
one more question... if i have smf installed in /path/to/my/htdocs/smf, where htdocs is my web root, is the local path requested by the package manager /smf, or the complete path?  I've been assuming it is /smf.
joe

TrueSatan

Yep...that's the local path...think of it as being what you would see in an ftp client navigation breadcrumbs, were you using one.

Inque187

My question got overlooked or ignored - here it is again:

Quote from: Inque187 on January 06, 2008, 06:29:57 PM
How would I include the forum account username in a link in a dropdown menu box link?

Example:
[url=http://www.somewebsite.com/somedata.php?value=forum_account_name]View Data Page[/url]

Advertisement: