SMFPacks SEO Mod

Started by Nibogo, October 10, 2011, 08:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gebruiker1000

I totally lost my trust in this mod (SEO Pro mod from "SMFpacks"). To be honest, I'm very sick of it. So many troubles, problems, questions/support is not so good, this thing, that thing, no, please. Stop it. Stop. it. now.

I want to uninstall this mod as soon as I can. The big problem is,
I don't know how to do it, there is no instruction manual for it and more importantly, all my URL's will be broken, isn't it?

The solution
The solution would be to delete this mod and all the things that are related to it,
and then to normalise the URL's on my forum, as if they're coming out of the box.

Who can help? I'm willing to pay the person who can give me solid advice which leads to the solution, because I want to save my forum.

Please. Help.

fondlyPiranha

I have a problem running the lite version on SMF 2.0.7.

Installation without any error message, but i can't find any SEOmod issue in my administration menu, so  i have any point to activate that package.

have you any hint for me?

Nibogo

Quote from: Gebruiker1000 on May 03, 2014, 10:27:26 AM
I totally lost my trust in this mod (SEO Pro mod from "SMFpacks"). To be honest, I'm very sick of it. So many troubles, problems, questions/support is not so good, this thing, that thing, no, please. Stop it. Stop. it. now.

I want to uninstall this mod as soon as I can. The big problem is,
I don't know how to do it, there is no instruction manual for it and more importantly, all my URL's will be broken, isn't it?

The solution
The solution would be to delete this mod and all the things that are related to it,
and then to normalise the URL's on my forum, as if they're coming out of the box.

Who can help? I'm willing to pay the person who can give me solid advice which leads to the solution, because I want to save my forum.

Please. Help.

It's weird that I have sent a PM to you asking for your account and I have no reply so far. I'm pretty sure you:

1. Don't own the mod.

or

2. Never asked anything.

handy1

Fatal error: Call to undefined function seo_social_bookmarks() in /home/##########/public_html/Seo.php on line 1395

I can't use social bookmarks  :(


handy1

Quote from: Nibogo on May 30, 2014, 10:50:09 AM
social bookmarks are only available at the SEO Pro version, I think you're missing the one you purchased for the new forum with this one.

I transfered it to myself and you changed the domain to my purchases. If you've time to check my problems tonight, it would be great!
Or I can post errors to this forum if it might help other users.

Nibogo

Quote from: handy1 on May 30, 2014, 11:07:54 AM
Quote from: Nibogo on May 30, 2014, 10:50:09 AM
social bookmarks are only available at the SEO Pro version, I think you're missing the one you purchased for the new forum with this one.

I transfered it to myself and you changed the domain to my purchases. If you've time to check my problems tonight, it would be great!
Or I can post errors to this forum if it might help other users.

Yeah I did what you asked, let me PM you because I don't understand the current schema.

CapnCoconuts

Quote from: fondlyPiranha on May 13, 2014, 07:29:34 AM
I have a problem running the lite version on SMF 2.0.7.

Installation without any error message, but i can't find any SEOmod issue in my administration menu, so  i have any point to activate that package.

have you any hint for me?

I seem to be having this problem as well. Tried a manual install, too. No such luck.

nascarwagers

Quote from: CapnCoconuts on May 31, 2014, 12:15:31 AM
Quote from: fondlyPiranha on May 13, 2014, 07:29:34 AM
I have a problem running the lite version on SMF 2.0.7.

Installation without any error message, but i can't find any SEOmod issue in my administration menu, so  i have any point to activate that package.

have you any hint for me?

I seem to be having this problem as well. Tried a manual install, too. No such luck.

Same issue here, cannot find it anywhere after installation.

Shades.

Quote from: nascarwagers on June 06, 2014, 05:35:19 PM
Quote from: CapnCoconuts on May 31, 2014, 12:15:31 AM
Quote from: fondlyPiranha on May 13, 2014, 07:29:34 AM
I have a problem running the lite version on SMF 2.0.7.

Installation without any error message, but i can't find any SEOmod issue in my administration menu, so  i have any point to activate that package.

have you any hint for me?
Same here...seemed to install fine but cant find it in the admin panel!? :o
I seem to be having this problem as well. Tried a manual install, too. No such luck.

Same issue here, cannot find it anywhere after installation.
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

pittu

Hi,

Where can I see the adminpanel side of the mode? Not just images. Live demo?

tynx.

Kailash Aghera

Lite mod does not use SMF's Default SEO friendly URL instead it uses

/index.php?topic=27468.0
/index.php?board=75.0

This should be corrected because when SMF's SEO friendly URL is enabled, it should show the following in sitemap:

/index.php/board,75.0.html
/index.php/topic,27468.0.html

Is there any way to display SMF's SEO friendly URLs in sitemap?

- Kailash

welshdog

Quote from: Gebruiker1000 on May 03, 2014, 10:27:26 AM
I totally lost my trust in this mod (SEO Pro mod from "SMFpacks"). To be honest, I'm very sick of it. So many troubles, problems, questions/support is not so good, this thing, that thing, no, please. Stop it. Stop. it. now.

I was just about to install the Lite version and buy the Pro version once I'd seen it in action, but thought I'd check the support thread. Really glad I did now because there seem to be more complaints than praise!!

Sad... looks like it might be ideal for me. :(

maarawoe

Quote from: welshdog on July 18, 2014, 02:40:39 AM
Quote from: Gebruiker1000 on May 03, 2014, 10:27:26 AM
I totally lost my trust in this mod (SEO Pro mod from "SMFpacks"). To be honest, I'm very sick of it. So many troubles, problems, questions/support is not so good, this thing, that thing, no, please. Stop it. Stop. it. now.

I was just about to install the Lite version and buy the Pro version once I'd seen it in action, but thought I'd check the support thread. Really glad I did now because there seem to be more complaints than praise!!

Sad... looks like it might be ideal for me. :(

Same here.... Was to click "buy" but then I found this thread....

ATX1976

#94
So, I've read about all of the issues with this mod, but has anyone had a good experience with it? Has anyone seen improvements in their ranking, traffic, indexing, etc? I'm interested in purchasing the pro version, but I don't want to spend the money unless others have had success with it.

ATX1976

Has anyone purchased the PRO version for 2.0.X and had good results?

Molten Bear

Quote from: ATX1976 on September 30, 2014, 03:44:56 PM
Has anyone purchased the PRO version for 2.0.X and had good results?

The problem with this question is that good experiences do not lead to visits to this "I need support" thread.

Too bad because this is a complex mod and correct installation is important.

Good question though if the right people were here.

Arantor

Would it not be fair to say that people who purchased the paid version would be discussing it on the paid site?
No good deed goes unpunished / All helpful urges should be circumvented

I have something to say: it's better to burn out than to fade away. There can be only one.

levely

Quote from: ATX1976 on September 30, 2014, 03:44:56 PM
Has anyone purchased the PRO version for 2.0.X and had good results?

I purchased the pro version about a month ago. Everything the other posters said about this mod is true. It's plagued with problems. Nothing worked, except for a few parts which were obviously ripped off from other mods.

I took a chance on this mod, hoping to avoid some of the problems others have had by paying for professional installation. Didn't help. As a matter of fact, this Nicolas idiot crashed my forum during installation. He then tried to say that he didn't know that another mod was installed, which was clearly visible in the installed packages.

To add insult to injury, he blamed me and my site for the problems. He was rude, arrogant and customer service was not existent. The only time Nicolas replied quickly was when the discussion was about money. You should of seen how fast he sent me a message after getting the charge back.  ;)

So if anyone else is contemplating purchasing anything from SMFPacks.com, slap yourself. Nicolas is a con artist who is stealing people's money. My suggestion to Simple Machines, remove SMFpacks mods from the site and ban Nicolas permanently. He's a lowlife that's just taking advantage of people.

SergeantAsh

I've just installed this and can't find anywhere to administer it...I've given up and uninstalled...why doesn't this mod provide a 'Redirect to admin' after install?
Quote"Moderation has been called a virtue to limit the ambition of great men, and to console undistinguished people for their want of fortune and their lack of merit."

Advertisement: