News:

SMF 2.1.2 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Advanced Visual Verification

Started by Harzem, September 18, 2006, 08:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harzem

Hi daniel :)

This mod is dependent to RC3 in terms of sound system. If I was to make this for 1.0, there won't be any sound support. Also I can't include the sound within the package, because it will be a distribution of current SMF code and would be illegal.

Except from the sound system, this is totally independent of default RC3 captcha. But of course the package tries to disable the default one, so it will give errors if we try to install it on a non-rc3 forum.

I'm not planning to make a 1.0 version, should I? I've never worked with 1.0 series, so I'm a bit reluctant actually.

R3v3ng3

Quote from: HarzeM on September 24, 2006, 02:03:05 PM
Can you install any other modification?
Yes i tryed one ....something "Who Voted What?" and i can  see this mode at Installed Packages ..

Daniel15

#42
QuoteI'm not planning to make a 1.0 version, should I?
If you could, that would be awesome :).
I was trying to port it over myself, but I got stuck in Register.template.php, at the template_admin_settings() function (which doesn't seem to exist in SMF 1.0).

By the way, did you code the whole of Verification.php yourself? Even the bitmap functions (showBitmapImage)? The bitmap functions look awesome, to say the least :D :o.

Your advanced coding makes makes my code look so simple ;)
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Harzem

Quote from: daniel15 on September 26, 2006, 06:03:24 AM
QuoteI'm not planning to make a 1.0 version, should I?
If you could, that would be awesome :).

Actually 1.1 final is not so far, thus there will be no more 1.0 forums. This makes me reluctant. I prefer writing new mods for 1.1 instead of working on 1.0 mods.

Quote from: daniel15 on September 26, 2006, 06:03:24 AM
I was trying to port it over myself, but I got stuck in Register.template.php, at the template_admin_settings() function (which doesn't seem to exist in SMF 1.0).

I may have a look at this. But not right today.

Quote from: daniel15 on September 26, 2006, 06:03:24 AM
By the way, did you code the whole of Verification.php yourself? Even the bitmap functions (showBitmapImage)? The bitmap functions look awesome, to say the least :D :o.

Your advanced coding makes makes my code look so simple ;)

Yes, whole file is my own work. showBitmap image is my favorite, it can create images without GD or FreeType! :D I've written some Visual Basic code to read bitmap fonts from photoshop bmp images, then convert them to php arrays. Then rotate them via trigonometry techniques from calculus classes etc... Then the bitmap image comes out. It was fun when coding and nice to get positive comments :)

cowboyfred

#44
I can't get this mod to work.  Is there some chmod permissions that i need to change? 

edited-----------
I have installed the mod and everything installed great.  the box is checked to enable visiual verification.  however the mod doesn't show up when i make a new register.  Also, this might not be this mod, because i can go to Registion>settings> and add an age and it also doesn't appear in the new registration page.  so, i am thinging that this might be a permission?  I am lost and have unistalled and reistalled three times. 

Harzem

If you tell us what errors you are getting, we can better help you.

cowboyfred

Quote from: cowboyfred on September 26, 2006, 12:00:06 PM
I can't get this mod to work.  Is there some chmod permissions that i need to change? 

edited-----------
I have installed the mod and everything installed great.  the box is checked to enable visiual verification.  however the mod doesn't show up when i make a new register.  Also, this might not be this mod, because i can go to Registion>settings> and add an age and it also doesn't appear in the new registration page.  so, i am thinging that this might be a permission?  I am lost and have unistalled and reistalled three times. 

hey here is whats happening. I am using SMF as a wrapper in Joomla!.  When i go to just the SMF site without Joomla it is working, but inside Joomla it is not.  So, it sounds like a Joomla Conflict??!!??  If you have any ideas what is causing this i would appreciate it.  TAOT.

cowboyfred

Quote from: cowboyfred on September 26, 2006, 12:48:45 PM
Quote from: cowboyfred on September 26, 2006, 12:00:06 PM
I can't get this mod to work.  Is there some chmod permissions that i need to change? 

edited-----------
I have installed the mod and everything installed great.  the box is checked to enable visiual verification.  however the mod doesn't show up when i make a new register.  Also, this might not be this mod, because i can go to Registion>settings> and add an age and it also doesn't appear in the new registration page.  so, i am thinging that this might be a permission?  I am lost and have unistalled and reistalled three times. 

hey here is whats happening. I am using SMF as a wrapper in Joomla!.  When i go to just the SMF site without Joomla it is working, but inside Joomla it is not.  So, it sounds like a Joomla Conflict??!!??  If you have any ideas what is causing this i would appreciate it.  TAOT.

Figured it out i will post my findings here:
it was in the SMF bridge into Joomla.  the SMF Compontent>Configuration>Registration>set to use SMF Registration (not SMF Bridge).

PS.  Thanks for this mod.  Good Work.

ironmozart

Quote from: HarzeM on September 18, 2006, 08:46:15 AM
Link to Mod
Rate this Mod

Advanced Visual Verification Mod
by HarzeM

This mod replaces default verification code system of SMF 1.1 RC3 with an advanced system.

Only Works for SMF 1.1 RC3 !

- Ask image in registration
- Ask image in guest posting
- Ask image when a guest or a member searches the forum
- Ask image when sending personal messages
- One image can be valid for more than one searches or PMs!
- Put an upper limit of failures
- Block users by defined minutes when they reach maximum failure limit
- Select one of the three image types and backgrounds
- Select image size
- Select number of characters
- Generate effective images even if your server doesn't have GD installed!
- Generate effective fontss even if your server doesn't have FreeType installed!
- Logs failures in error log.

You can modify the settings via
Admin > Registration > Visual Verification

Please vote and comment on this mod if you like it!



Newbie here. Is there a mod like that for SMF 1.0.7?

I assumed like all top blogging software (typepad, wordpress, blogspot, etc.)
SMF would have post moderation standard a long time ago. After all, being able
to preview postings for moderation is essential to counter spammers
that attack forums and blogs with spam bots and "spam monkees" that manually
post porn, viagra, and alike.






Inque187

I keep getting this error messages in my forum logs:

http://forums.fbi-clan.org/index.php?action=pm;sa=send2 
8: Undefined index: verificationAskPM
File: /home/xxxxx/public_html/forums/Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 1379


I have these settings checked to "OFF"
QuoteAsk in guest posting
Ask when sending personal messages
Ask in guest searches
Ask in member searches

Harzem

Can you please first check them to ON, save it, and then make them OFF again?

I've got a few reports about this issue and I'll fix them in the next release.

NeFReT


R3v3ng3

HarzeM. I can't use your mode ...what else can I do ?  :( Can u give me another type of archive for this mode..or what else should I CHMOD ? except temp that i allready did

sawz

Quote from: R3v3ng3 on September 27, 2006, 01:54:30 PM
HarzeM. I can't use your mode ...what else can I do ?  :( Can u give me another type of archive for this mode..or what else should I CHMOD ? except temp that i allready did

HarzeM's mod is for 1.1RC3 only.
what version do you use.
keep smiling, they'll always wonder what your up too.....

R3v3ng3

Quote from: sawz on September 27, 2006, 02:18:52 PM
Quote from: R3v3ng3 on September 27, 2006, 01:54:30 PM
HarzeM. I can't use your mode ...what else can I do ?  :( Can u give me another type of archive for this mode..or what else should I CHMOD ? except temp that i allready did

HarzeM's mod is for 1.1RC3 only.
what version do you use.
I have 1.1RC3

Mannysbones

#55
I'm not able to install the mod. I'm sure it's something simple that i've overlooked; so I'm hoping I can get on the right track here. I'm running SMF 1.1 RC3, having coverted from a phpBB2 board a couple of weeks ago. I'm able to unzip and upload all files to the /forum folder with no problem; however, when I attempt to run the install via browser, all I get is a blank page and no install.

Like I indicated, I'm probably overlooking a step; and I'm sure when I've resolved this I'll feel fairly foolish.


Edit: BTW, there are no other mods currently installed.

Harzem

Hehe, SMF is not phpBB :) In phpBB, you should unzip the package, read the readme, appy the codes or upload the files one by one.

In SMF, just go to "Admin > Packages > Download > Browse" and browse the zip. You don't even need to unzip it or upload via FTP!


Quote from: R3v3ng3 on September 27, 2006, 01:54:30 PM
HarzeM. I can't use your mode ...what else can I do ?  :( Can u give me another type of archive for this mode..or what else should I CHMOD ? except temp that i allready did

Can you chmod your default theme directory to 777?

Mannysbones

Quote from: HarzeM on September 28, 2006, 01:15:33 PM
Hehe, SMF is not phpBB :) In phpBB, you should unzip the package, read the readme, appy the codes or upload the files one by one.

In SMF, just go to "Admin > Packages > Download > Browse" and browse the zip. You don't even need to unzip it or upload via FTP!


Many thanks. I knew it would be that simple.  :-[

Mannysbones

Now that I've got the install completed, I've started getting these errors as well. The registration works perfect though.



Quote from: Inque187 on September 26, 2006, 04:21:51 PM
I keep getting this error messages in my forum logs:

http://forums.fbi-clan.org/index.php?action=pm;sa=send2 
8: Undefined index: verificationAskPM
File: /home/xxxxx/public_html/forums/Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 1379


I have these settings checked to "OFF"
QuoteAsk in guest posting
Ask when sending personal messages
Ask in guest searches
Ask in member searches

cwzplas

Love the mod..

Would be nice to see a listing of members who have locked themselves out for XX mins..

Maybe have the option to allow them to log back in early instead of waiting?

Advertisement: