News:

SMF 2.1.1 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Advanced News

Started by Matthew K., March 08, 2010, 03:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Link to Mod

This mod adds a separate news page fed by your regular forum news items. It has a n option to completely disable the news and is driven by permissions, so you can choose which membergroups may view the news.

Eclipse16V

Nice Mod

Thanks

German Lang

$txt['cannot_view_advnews'] = 'Sorry! Sie haben keine Berechtigung die News zu lesen.';

$txt['permissionname_view_advnews'] = 'Erweiterte News anzeigen';
$txt['permissionhelp_view_advnews'] = 'Erweiterte News ist eine Mod von <a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;u=182638" target="_blank">Labradoodle-360</a> welche die News auf in einer Gesamtansicht anzeigt.';
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Matthew K.

Glad you like it! I have fully developed a new version which will include actual news permission, so text strings have changed. I'll shoot you a PM regarding German when I have them in front of me.

Thanks, Labradoodle-360

Achilles.

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on March 17, 2010, 11:39:56 AM
Glad you like it! I have fully developed a new version which will include actual news permission, so text strings have changed. I'll shoot you a PM regarding German when I have them in front of me.

Thanks, Labradoodle-360

updates for RC3?

- All donations will proceed to my Youth Foundation.

http://poseidondesigners.tk/ -- Affordable Website Designs // Banners & More!

Matthew K.

I have completed an update for the mod, which includes an update for SMF 2.0 RC3 along with some new features that were suggested I include.

I cannot guarantee a time-frame on this as my dev laptop is still down, with a busy real life schedule I've not had the time to repair it.
Labradoodle-360

Achilles.

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on April 29, 2010, 05:11:59 PM
I have completed an update for the mod, which includes an update for SMF 2.0 RC3 along with some new features that were suggested I include.

I cannot guarantee a time-frame on this as my dev laptop is still down, with a busy real life schedule I've not had the time to repair it.
Labradoodle-360
That's great. :) I'll just wait for the update! Thanks!

- All donations will proceed to my Youth Foundation.

http://poseidondesigners.tk/ -- Affordable Website Designs // Banners & More!

Tair

any news about update?

Matthew K.

Update will be coming very shortly. I have a few things in front of mod updates on my to-do list.

MATTEK

Awesome. Can't wait for this mod dude!
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

Bugo

Change for SMF 2.0 RC3:
<file name="$themedir/BoardIndex.template.php">
<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[<h3 class="catbg">
<img id="newsupshrink" src="', $settings['images_url'], '/collapse.gif" alt="*" title="', $txt['upshrink_description'], '" align="bottom" style="display: none;" />
', $txt['news'], '
</h3>]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[<h3 class="catbg">
<img id="newsupshrink" src="', $settings['images_url'], '/collapse.gif" alt="*" title="', $txt['upshrink_description'], '" align="bottom" style="display: none;" />
', (($context['allow_advnews']) ? '<a href="'. $scripturl. '?action=news" target="_self">'. $txt['news']. ' </a>' : ''. $txt['news']. ' '), '
</h3>]]></add>
</operation>
</file>


and Russian translation (in attachments)

MS Modders Team

I've been working on re-writing the code I had updated previously for Advanced News 1.1.

An update should be coming very shortly!

SMF Modders Core Developer,
Labradoodle-360
Please do not send us PMs. If you have a question, ask in our forum.
http://smfmodders.com/index.php

MS Modders Team

Update finally here...just didn't upload it for a while.

Screenshots have not been updated yet.

Enjoy!
Please do not send us PMs. If you have a question, ask in our forum.
http://smfmodders.com/index.php

mariusfv

Any chance to be ported to SMF 1.1.12 ?

Matthew K.


Chas Large

Looks like just the mod I need but won't install on RC5 even if the emulation is set to RC3. Of course it may be my other mods causing the problem but too many errors to do a manual install.

Has it been tested for install on RC5 at all?
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Matthew K.

I've not done a test with Advanced News on SMF 2.0 RC5. My guess is that the permission edit throws an error - even with emulation due to the line I commonly called in the RC3 mods I wrote being changed in RC5, thus causing emulation errors for most of my RC3 mods that were not brought up to date for RC4 and RC5.

A manual edit install should be able to be completed without any trouble.

In addition, I do plan on updating all of my mods for SMF 2.0 Final, eventually.

Chas Large

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on May 08, 2011, 01:44:26 PM
I've not done a test with Advanced News on SMF 2.0 RC5. My guess is that the permission edit throws an error - even with emulation due to the line I commonly called in the RC3 mods I wrote being changed in RC5, thus causing emulation errors for most of my RC3 mods that were not brought up to date for RC4 and RC5.

A manual edit install should be able to be completed without any trouble.

In addition, I do plan on updating all of my mods for SMF 2.0 Final, eventually.
Many thanks, I'll wait for that then. :)
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Matthew K.

Not a problem, hope you're doing well, been a while since we've had a chat :)

Eclipse16V

Please Update for 2.0
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Matthew K.

Eventually I'll get around to updating all of my mods.

Advertisement: