• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.
October 20, 2021, 06:36:40 PM

News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord


iPhone/Android/Blackberry app to browse your forum - Tapatalk

Started by Tapatalk, May 04, 2010, 11:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanoSector

Quote from: eyo on December 30, 2010, 06:57:52 PM
so how do i use this now? do my members have to buy an app to correctly view the forums?
Your members have to buy an app which should activate an iPhone/Android-like mode of the forum.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

DirtRider

Quote from: eyo on December 30, 2010, 06:57:52 PM
so how do i use this now? do my members have to buy an app to correctly view the forums?

Have a look here at the download apps page http://tapatalk.com/mobile.php
http://www.triumphtalk.com

"The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. "

KensonPlays

eyo: They don't have to. If they don't mind Read-Only for your forum Tapatalk has a free version. The Pro Paid version allows posting to forums, viewing/sending PMs.

NanoSector

Quote from: Kcmartz on January 02, 2011, 04:03:07 AM
eyo: They don't have to. If they don't mind Read-Only for your forum Tapatalk has a free version. The Pro Paid version allows posting to forums, viewing/sending PMs.
3/4 of the world doesn't have the free version.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

HunterP


I'm getting an "You have an error in your SQL syntax" error which refers to this code in Subs-Post.php :

// Insert the post.
db_query("
INSERT INTO {$db_prefix}messages
(ID_BOARD, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, body, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime,
posterIP, smileysEnabled, modifiedName, icon)
VALUES ($topicOptions[board], $topicOptions[id], $posterOptions[id], SUBSTRING('$msgOptions[subject]', 1, 255), SUBSTRING('$msgOptions[body]', 1, 65534), SUBSTRING('$posterOptions[name]', 1, 255), SUBSTRING('$posterOptions[email]', 1, 255), " . time() . ",
SUBSTRING('$posterOptions[ip]', 1, 255), " . ($msgOptions['smileys_enabled'] ? '1' : '0') . ", '', SUBSTRING('$msgOptions[icon]', 1, 16))", __FILE__, __LINE__);
$msgOptions['id'] = db_insert_id();


I'm assuming that apostrophes in the subject are causing this?

SCMCHAT

Hi all

I'm using Tapatalk Version Tapatalk_SMF1_1_0_3 on my 1.1.11 SMF site.
Board based access works fine but I get an error when sending PMs - "maximum number of recipients"
I've tried loading mobiquo_sm20_1_1_0 but then I cant access some of my boards using a Tapatalk device.
I assume that Tapatalk_SMF1_1_0_3 from this forum is the correct version to use on SMF 1.1.11

Any ideas?

HunterP

Quote from: HunterP on January 07, 2011, 05:36:17 AM

I'm getting an "You have an error in your SQL syntax" error which refers to this code in Subs-Post.php :

// Insert the post.
db_query("
INSERT INTO {$db_prefix}messages
(ID_BOARD, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, body, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime,
posterIP, smileysEnabled, modifiedName, icon)
VALUES ($topicOptions[board], $topicOptions[id], $posterOptions[id], SUBSTRING('$msgOptions[subject]', 1, 255), SUBSTRING('$msgOptions[body]', 1, 65534), SUBSTRING('$posterOptions[name]', 1, 255), SUBSTRING('$posterOptions[email]', 1, 255), " . time() . ",
SUBSTRING('$posterOptions[ip]', 1, 255), " . ($msgOptions['smileys_enabled'] ? '1' : '0') . ", '', SUBSTRING('$msgOptions[icon]', 1, 16))", __FILE__, __LINE__);
$msgOptions['id'] = db_insert_id();


I'm assuming that apostrophes in the subject are causing this?

Unfortunately, no response from the Tapatalk team.

I've added

$subject = addslashes($subject);

Before :

// Get the parameters ready
$msgOptions = array(
'id' => 0,
'subject' => $subject,
'body' => $body,
'icon' => isset($id_attach) ? 'clip' : 'xx',
'smileys_enabled' => true,
'attachments' => isset($id_attach) ? array($id_attach, $id_thumb) : null,
'approved' => $can_post == 2 ? false : true,
);


And that seems to fix my problem regarding apostrophes in the subject. Hopefully the Tapatalk team can respond to this??

InsaneMustang


hiwd

Quote from: InsaneMustang on June 24, 2011, 02:56:10 PM
Um, can we get 2.0 support on this please?

Also looking for this, is there a planned release for 2.0 yet?  :)

MATTEK

using 2.0. How do I enable this mod once it's installed?
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

booch_21

Quote from: hiwd on June 27, 2011, 04:54:14 AM
Quote from: InsaneMustang on June 24, 2011, 02:56:10 PM
Um, can we get 2.0 support on this please?

Also looking for this, is there a planned release for 2.0 yet?  :)

The current version works fine on my 2.0 Gold forum.  I run Tapatalk on my iPhone and iPad with no issues.  You'll probably get better support directly on their site too. 




MRM4

Thinking about getting this. How good or bad is it with a droid phone? Can a board without the mod installed still be viewed through this app? I have a board I visit that has a tone of ads on it. I do not use it on my phone for that reason.

NanoSector

Quote from: MRM4 on July 20, 2011, 04:34:38 PM
Thinking about getting this. How good or bad is it with a droid phone?
I don't use Android, but on iOS (iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad) it works pretty well (I own an iPod Touch and the app).

QuoteCan a board without the mod installed still be viewed through this app?
Nope, sadly not.

QuoteI have a board I visit that has a tone of ads on it. I do not use it on my phone for that reason.
I guess the mod removes those ads.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Casa Grande


sdkid


mrbones

I installed this mod on 1.1.14 but how do you enable it? Where does it appear in the admin section?

HunterP

Quote from: sdkid on August 07, 2011, 05:39:28 PM
Quote from: Casa Grande on July 22, 2011, 09:30:47 PM
when will a 2.0 version come?

I run 1.3.0 on SMF2.0 with no issues.

Don't you get any Tapatalk related errors in the errorlog??

mrbones

Okay. I give up on this one.

Quote from: mrbones on August 10, 2011, 01:29:12 PM
I installed this mod on 1.1.14 but how do you enable it? Where does it appear in the admin section?

allos

I use smf 2.0.1 with Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC3/RC4 Plugin    1.3.0  and i get this on the verification from tapatalk

Current Status: Not Published
Verify Installation Status
Installed but not up-to-date, please install the latest update before publishing your network to Tapatalk

MotRude


Advertisement: