News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Like Posts

Started by vbgamer45, June 29, 2013, 09:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siirist

Perfect!   :D

Thanks so much.   :)

Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Dhayzon

You can sort by likes on menssage.index template?

JerzyLS

This modification isn't compatible with PHP 7:

[14-Sep-2016 08:46:35 Europe/Warsaw] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Function name must be a string in /usr/home/user/domains/domain.org/public_html/Sources/LikePosts/LikePostsRouter.php:128
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/home/user/domains/domain.org/public_html/Sources/Profile.php(655): routeLikePostsProfile('75')
#1 /usr/home/user/domains/domain.org/public_html/index.php(164): ModifyProfile()
#2 {main}
  thrown in /usr/home/user/domains/domain.org/public_html/Sources/LikePosts/LikePostsRouter.php on line 128


So, if you want to run your board on PHP 7 you must change a few strings, because LikePosts mod didn't working on this PHP version.

/Sources/LikePosts/LikePostsRouter.php


	
	
return 
LikePosts::$LikePostsAdmin->$subActions[$_REQUEST['sa']]();


change to:

	
	
return 
LikePosts::$LikePostsAdmin->{$subActions[$_REQUEST['sa']]}();


There are more these strings, so you must change all of them. I prefer you to watch your error.log file, it will be easier to find more strings.

If you do it, it should work on PHP 7.

CDLehner

Sorry; easy question.

Can someone navigate me, to where I control why some boards/categories have the like feature...and some do not?

Thanks

Kindred

Are all of the boards using the same theme?
Слова
Украина

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Shambles

From the opening post...



Quote from: Joker™ on June 29, 2013, 09:29:03 AM

...

Admin interface

...

Board Settings
- Select on which boards you want to enable the mod
- If you want to select all boards in a category, just click on the category name


CDLehner

Quote from: Shambles on September 17, 2016, 02:00:09 PM
From the opening post...



Quote from: Joker™ on June 29, 2013, 09:29:03 AM

...

Admin interface

...

Board Settings
- Select on which boards you want to enable the mod
- If you want to select all boards in a category, just click on the category name


Thanks  :-[

shawnb61

Is there another like-post mod out there that is currently supported?

Or is this your best bet?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

lahmfan

Hey
I love this mod! its working great on our forum .. I have one question for you, i am using the "auto scroll" mod on my forum http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3897 and the "like button" doesnt show when the page scroll down, it will show, however, if i click on the page number. would you know what could be the problem?
also, on the "like stats" the "Most Liked Member" page doesnt load .. i get the loading icon but nothings loads. (it works fine on the Most Like Giving User)
i am using PHP Version 5.6.25 on freebsd (hosting the server on my own)


lahmfan

Quote from: BubbaCat on July 16, 2014, 05:48:46 PM
This looks like an awesome mod. Great work, Joker. I have a question on converting to your Like Posts. I am currently running smf v 2.0.8 with the GPBP (good post bad post) v2.0.4 mod and have had this mod for over a year. We love that your Like Posts can be used with tapatalk and it is slicker than GPBP.

My question is, can we install Like Posts and somehow retain all the up votes or members have already accumulated?  We only use the up vote feature of that helps, so we would only care about retaining that number, if we lose the link between the up vote and the thread, it doesn't matter to us.

Thanks very much in advance.
can you please share how you made it work tapatalk?

lahmfan

Quote from: lahmfan on October 25, 2016, 10:37:47 PM
Quote from: BubbaCat on July 16, 2014, 05:48:46 PM
This looks like an awesome mod. Great work, Joker. I have a question on converting to your Like Posts. I am currently running smf v 2.0.8 with the GPBP (good post bad post) v2.0.4 mod and have had this mod for over a year. We love that your Like Posts can be used with tapatalk and it is slicker than GPBP.

My question is, can we install Like Posts and somehow retain all the up votes or members have already accumulated?  We only use the up vote feature of that helps, so we would only care about retaining that number, if we lose the link between the up vote and the thread, it doesn't matter to us.

Thanks very much in advance.
can you please share how you made it work tapatalk?
I sent a support email to Tapatalk and they said this is not supported. i am not sure how you got that working .. .sigh

Rob Lightbody

Hi,

Can you please tell me how to upgrade from version 1.6.1. to the current version?

The members of my forum are big fans of this add-on, so I don't want to lose their likes during the upgrade.

I'm running 2.0.12.

Many Thanks!

- Rob

shawnb61

#832
I am using the "Responsive Curve" theme on our forum and recently installed this mod.

I found that the little menu icons on a small form factor (i.e., smartphone) did not paint properly after installation.  To fix, I had to comment out a line in LikePosts.css as follows:

Quote.like_post_stats {
   position: relative;
   overflow: visible;
/* commented out by sjrb to fix icon overlap issue
   width: 100%;   */
}

Hope this may help others.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Rob Lightbody

Quote from: The QE2 Story Forum on October 28, 2016, 01:51:06 PM
Hi,

Can you please tell me how to upgrade from version 1.6.1. to the current version?

The members of my forum are big fans of this add-on, so I don't want to lose their likes during the upgrade.

I'm running 2.0.12.

Many Thanks!

- Rob

To answer my own question, when you uninstall the old package, there's an option to leave the data tables in place, so that when you reinstall they're picked up again.

Job done!

aodio

Running 2.0.12 .. install confirmed ... ticked in permissions, tested with test account, but still doesn't show on the posts?

any ideas?

shawnb61

There are a few permissions pages...

Go back to the admin screen and double check them all.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Kindred

does it work if you switch to the default theme?
Слова
Украина

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aodio

Quote from: Kindred on November 02, 2016, 12:21:09 PM
does it work if you switch to the default theme?

yes mate it does...

Ive tried all other adjustment suggested on this thread and still doesn't work on the theme I'm using ?

Any ideas?

Kindred

that suggests that either...

1- you installed the mod, but didn't check the "apply to other themes" at the bottom of the file-check screen, just before the mod changes were applied
or
2- you installed the theme after the mod...

you now have two chocies.
a- uninstall the mod and then re-install it, making sure to check the "apply to other themes" section
or
b- manually apply the mod changes to the template files in your custom theme
Слова
Украина

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aodio

Quote from: Kindred on November 05, 2016, 12:40:35 PM
that suggests that either...

1- you installed the mod, but didn't check the "apply to other themes" at the bottom of the file-check screen, just before the mod changes were applied
or
2- you installed the theme after the mod...

you now have two chocies.
a- uninstall the mod and then re-install it, making sure to check the "apply to other themes" section
or
b- manually apply the mod changes to the template files in your custom theme

Cheers for that. I'll try that ...

Advertisement: