• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.
December 07, 2021, 06:50:07 PM

News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord


Awards Mod

Started by winrules, March 21, 2006, 11:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winrules

March 21, 2006, 11:28:03 PM Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 01:02:57 PM by winrules
Link to Mod

This mod will add a "Profile Awards" and "Post Awards" field to the profile. Only admins can change it. The "Profile Awards" will be displayed in the profile, and the "Post Awards" will be displayed next to the user's posts. You can use BBC in both of them.

These settings:

will result in this in the profile screen:

and this in the user's posts:


How to make post awards work in custom themes

Thanks to [Unknown]'s tutorial.


winrules
SMF Developer
               
My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.


trenchteam

whoo hoo! NICE MOD! Thanks.

eriktm

Nice mod, but can`t get it work.

Some CHMOD-problems...

hel8itch

i have it installed and can see the box on the profiles to add the info to.but nothing shows up on the forums under the users name or on their profile once iv added the info?

winrules

Quote from: hel8itch on March 22, 2006, 07:33:54 AM
i have it installed and can see the box on the profiles to add the info to.but nothing shows up on the forums under the users name or on their profile once iv added the info?
Were there any errors in the install?


winrules
SMF Developer
               
My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.


trenchteam

Mine works great on both my forums. 

I have it in use at www.otek671.com with the custom theme. There are only one file that needs to be changed on a custom theme and thats the Display template. Very easy to do. Thanks again for the great mod!!

winrules

Version 1.1 has been released, which fixes a "Undefined index: profile_awards" error.


winrules
SMF Developer
               
My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.


eriktm


fairx

please forgive this dumb question..

where do I check the user with top post for the day?

winrules

Quote from: fairx on March 24, 2006, 12:07:03 PM
please forgive this dumb question..

where do I check the user with top post for the day?
Go to the the user's profile, and click on forum profile information.


winrules
SMF Developer
               
My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.


fairx

thank you..

but, what I mean is..

how do I know for sure if someone out of hundered of user is the top poster of the day.. is there any statistic? I know there are total post count in "members" section but how do I choose a specific day / month and found out who post the most?


ivo2296

Can i install it on smf 1.0.5?

winrules

Quote from: fairx on March 24, 2006, 10:40:12 PM
thank you..

but, what I mean is..

how do I know for sure if someone out of hundered of user is the top poster of the day.. is there any statistic? I know there are total post count in "members" section but how do I choose a specific day / month and found out who post the most?


There aern't any statistics yet, but i might add something to the memberlist.

Quote from: ivo2296 on March 25, 2006, 01:12:57 AM
Can i install it on smf 1.0.5?
Probobally not, but it might work. Only install if it it doesn't have any failures. I havent tested it on the old defualt theme.


winrules
SMF Developer
               
My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.


ivo2296

Quote from: winrules on March 25, 2006, 10:20:36 AM

Quote from: ivo2296 on March 25, 2006, 01:12:57 AM
Can i install it on smf 1.0.5?
Probobally not, but it might work. Only install if it it doesn't have any failures. I havent tested it on the old defualt theme.
I have asked cause the resent latest and final versions are 1.0.5 and 1.0.6.

azxure

Quote
i have it installed and can see the box on the profiles to add the info to.but nothing shows up on the forums under the users name or on their profile once iv added the info?

having the same problem.  it shows up in the profile, but not in the post.

winrules

Quote from: ivo2296 on March 25, 2006, 10:27:29 AM
Quote from: winrules on March 25, 2006, 10:20:36 AM

Quote from: ivo2296 on March 25, 2006, 01:12:57 AM
Can i install it on smf 1.0.5?
Probobally not, but it might work. Only install if it it doesn't have any failures. I havent tested it on the old defualt theme.
I have asked cause the resent latest and final versions are 1.0.5 and 1.0.6.
It's only tested on 1.1rc2, but it might work on 1.0.x


Quote from: azxure on March 25, 2006, 11:08:35 AM
Quote
i have it installed and can see the box on the profiles to add the info to.but nothing shows up on the forums under the users name or on their profile once iv added the info?

having the same problem.  it shows up in the profile, but not in the post.
Are you using a custom theme?


winrules
SMF Developer
               
My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.


azxure

um, yes and no. it's based off of the default theme. i see the bit of code in the profile template, it doesn't display on the default theme either.


wait, that's it *laughs*  i forgot the rc2 default is not the default ours reads off of. 

thanks!

trenchteam

@azxure

If your using a custom theme. 

Find this:

<![CDATA[
// Show how many posts they have made.
echo '
', $txt[26], ': ', $message['member']['posts'], '<br />
<br />';
]]>


Replace with this:

<![CDATA[
// Show how many posts they have made.
echo '
', $txt[26], ': ', $message['member']['posts'], '';

if (!empty($message['member']['options']['profile_postawards']))
{
$postawards = parse_bbc($message['member']['options']['profile_postawards']);
echo '<br />Awards: ' . $postawards . '';
}

echo ' <br />
<br />';
]]>


You can see it used at my site on this thread. Look for my member Josh05.  I placed this on the bottom of his signature.

http://otek671.com/forum/index.php?topic=293.msg5540#new

azxure

i found it, thanks for the help though!    i hadn't even thought to check the themes (we don't use that new default one, so i forgot to even check it)

i'm using it as a supporter icon, so i also went in and got rid of the "award:" text, it's perfect!

trenchteam

Glad you got it working man.  ;D ;D ;D

Advertisement: