News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[Theme]Windows XP (1.1rc1 & 1.0.5)

Started by 061, August 25, 2005, 05:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tentronik

In this theme it could be the "run" from start menu ;D

kegobeer

#41
Very nice.  I would change the color of your hyperlinks in the footer.  They blend in with the background so you can't see them.  White with an underline would look nice.

Is there any particular reason why if I click on the board's name (General Discussion, Big Board, How To, etc) I get to view the board and read the topics, but if I click on the image for that board (the hard drive, the folder) I get the message I have to log in?  Looks like permissions aren't set up properly.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

codenaught

Quote from: kegobeer on September 04, 2005, 01:49:45 PM
Is there any particular reason why if I click on the board's name (General Discussion, Big Board, How To, etc) I get to view the board and read the topics, but if I click on the image for that board (the hard drive, the folder) I get the message I have to log in?  Looks like permissions aren't set up properly.
The image links you to unread posts in that board (SMF 1.1 feature), so as you are a guest, it doesn't track what topics you have read so you can't access the section. This is how it would work for any SMF 1.1 theme.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

061

- added and admin option to show messages either as icons (grid view) or normal as linear---------> see demo for icons
- Desktop feature... add any amount of html behind main forum--------> demo
- Better login screen...now doesnt contain surrounding forum window--------> demo
- Errors are corrected..left with one, hopefully bloc will be correcting that now :)
- Media center added with WM player look
- stats page done  :-\



its still not language friendly...some of images, i never thought of linking in from language directory :)
some of pages are still left as is...still require code cleaning and validations...will do this next week
but now i am tired  :)...
will release tomorrow...plus will give psd files

working for 1.0.5 now


Quote from: LiL_J on September 04, 2005, 03:28:34 AM
I like the Linux conversion theme.  Will you release it?
yes all 4

Quote from: tentronik on September 04, 2005, 05:08:28 AM
I just imagine this concept could basicly used for any theme of any operating system it`s possible.

I really liek to see e.g. AMIGA or DOS any linux even bsd or unix could be done.
To have a command prompt you could use a small flash with prepared querys(cmd`s) for SMF.
e.g. DOS
c:\help (SMF help)
c:\dir (boardindex?)
c:\copy (quote?)

Cheers

never saw AMIGA   :) but well dos can be done...that "run" idea is very cool... :)


Quote from: kegobeer on September 04, 2005, 01:49:45 PM
Very nice.  I would change the color of your hyperlinks in the footer.  They blend in with the background so you can't see them.  White with an underline would look nice.
worked that...thanks for pointing

Jazhawk

So is this available yet? On here, on another site, still on the drawing boards, moving towards the pay boards what?

-Jazhawk

tentronik

Quote from: 061 on September 05, 2005, 01:25:26 PM
never saw AMIGA   :) but well dos can be done...that "run" idea is very cool... :)
Let me know if i can assist you in any way with flash and i think i will try out a dos version once i get my hands on this theme ;D

Cheers

Elmacik

wont work for 1.1 b 3? :( :( :(
dont forget to post the psd images to me for translation
Home of Elmacik

061

going out for few days so i thought better release it :)
fix/add most other stuff in release 2
will provide psd and 1.0.5 soon
download from 1st post
thanks

Tripp

Quote from: 061 on September 06, 2005, 09:40:23 AM

will provide psd and 1.0.5 soon


Was excited to hear you released it until I saw not for 1.0.5 yet.  :(

Looking forward to being able to use it.

Elmacik

there is still something wrong with the background.
look at the right side, there seems two columns, but there is only a blue band.

and to make the windows movable would be great
Home of Elmacik

Owdy

Amazing job! Another good example of SMF theme engine .)
Former Lead Support Specialist

Tarvitsetko apua SMF foorumisi kanssa? Otan työtehtäviä vastaan, lue:http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=375918.0

Jazhawk

I got it installed and man oh man.  Big Props for this one.  It's pretty cleaver with it's OS style functionality.  The images seem fine to me but I'll know better once I'm not on my laptop.  My 27 inch may give me a differernt picture but so far, I really like it.  Big up's playa.

-Jazhawk

061

Quote from: Tripp on September 06, 2005, 09:43:10 AM
Quote from: 061 on September 06, 2005, 09:40:23 AM

will provide psd and 1.0.5 soon


Was excited to hear you released it until I saw not for 1.0.5 yet.  :(

Looking forward to being able to use it.
sorry :) but i will put that up once i get back



Quote from: elmacik on September 06, 2005, 09:59:51 AM
there is still something wrong with the background.
look at the right side, there seems two columns, but there is only a blue band.

and to make the windows movable would be great

err i thought i fixed it
...will try some script for that too


Quote from: Owdy on September 06, 2005, 02:50:37 PM
Amazing job! Another good example of SMF theme engine .)
Quote from: Jazhawk on September 06, 2005, 09:45:16 PM
I got it installed and man oh man.  Big Props for this one.  It's pretty cleaver with it's OS style functionality.  The images seem fine to me but I'll know better once I'm not on my laptop.  My 27 inch may give me a differernt picture but so far, I really like it.  Big up's playa.

-Jazhawk

thnaks a lot
hope it works well :)

Tripp

One little thing I noticed...within your general discussion, where you have it look like text files icons.  There is no space between "by" and the username.  So for example it will say "Started bytest1" instead of "Started by test1"

dtm.exe

061, congratulations on the most anticipated release of this great theme :).

Klozi

Very nice, but I think, it needs some time to be loaded completly.  :D

I B D

Quote from: Klozi on September 07, 2005, 02:47:13 PM
Very nice, but I think, it needs some time to be loaded completly.  :D

depends on your connection speed, loads quick for me,

A.M.A

Now am ashamed of my xp theme :)
This is the real one .. well done.
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

Elmacik

#58
theme gives 6 different errors in every page views, here they are:
(these are only what i could notice :) )


1-----
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elmacik   September 08, 2005, 08:44:59 am 
127.0.0.1     882bfa542413d9b83dfe309ce2140b12 
http://localhost/forum/index.php?action=viewErrorLog 
8: Undefined index: display_shout1
File: G:\PHP\xampp\htdocs\forum\Themes\WindowsXP_1_1b3\Errors.template.php (eval?)
Line: 248
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2-------

Elmacik   September 08, 2005, 08:52:20 am 
127.0.0.1     882bfa542413d9b83dfe309ce2140b12 
http://localhost/forum/index.php 
8: Undefined index: xpdisplay_pic
File: G:\PHP\xampp\htdocs\forum\Themes\WindowsXP_1_1b3\BoardIndex.template.php (eval?)
Line: 674
-------------------------------------------------------

3----------

Elmacik   September 08, 2005, 08:52:20 am 
127.0.0.1     882bfa542413d9b83dfe309ce2140b12 
http://localhost/forum/index.php 
8: Undefined index: display_shout2
File: G:\PHP\xampp\htdocs\forum\Themes\WindowsXP_1_1b3\BoardIndex.template.php (eval?)
Line: 295
---------------------------------------------------

4------------

   Elmacik   September 08, 2005, 08:52:20 am 
127.0.0.1     882bfa542413d9b83dfe309ce2140b12 
http://localhost/forum/index.php 
8: Undefined index: swap_home
File: G:\PHP\xampp\htdocs\forum\Themes\WindowsXP_1_1b3\BoardIndex.template.php (eval?)
Line: 933
---------------------------------------------------------

5-------------

Elmacik   September 08, 2005, 08:52:20 am 
127.0.0.1     882bfa542413d9b83dfe309ce2140b12 
http://localhost/forum/index.php 
8: Undefined index: xp_logout
File: G:\PHP\xampp\htdocs\forum\Themes\WindowsXP_1_1b3\BoardIndex.template.php (eval?)
Line: 299
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

6----------------


Elmacik   September 08, 2005, 08:52:23 am 
127.0.0.1     882bfa542413d9b83dfe309ce2140b12 
http://localhost/forum/index.php 
8: Undefined index: xp_columns
File: G:\PHP\xampp\htdocs\forum\Themes\WindowsXP_1_1b3\MessageIndex.template.php (eval?)
Line: 498
---------------------------------------------
Home of Elmacik

061

Quote from: elmacik on September 08, 2005, 01:56:27 AM
theme gives 6 different errors in every page views, here they are:
(these are only what i could notice :) )
ahhhh  :)
fixed...hopefully all of them
updated the pakage...
thanks and do post if any other occur

Quote from: Tripp on September 07, 2005, 10:05:18 AM
One little thing I noticed...within your general discussion, where you have it look like text files icons.  There is no space between "by" and the username.  So for example it will say "Started bytest1" instead of "Started by test1"

fixed in download pakage

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on September 07, 2005, 11:15:05 AM
061, congratulations on the most anticipated release of this great theme :).
thanks a lot dan  :)

Quote from: A.M.A on September 07, 2005, 07:32:32 PM
Now am ashamed of my xp theme :)
This is the real one .. well done.
u know its urs and bloc themes that gave me understanding of this stuff
so thanks for that  :)

Quote from: Klozi on September 07, 2005, 02:47:13 PM
Very nice, but I think, it needs some time to be loaded completly.  :D

will use more css next time :)

Advertisement: