News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Upgrading from 2.0.19 to 2.1.2 problem

Started by gloudiesaurus, June 24, 2022, 04:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gloudiesaurus

Upgrade.php:

Warning: Use of undefined constant mysql - assumed 'mysql' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/gppitsnet/domains/gppits.net/public_html/forum/Settings.php on line 285
SMF Upgrade Utility
Simple Machines Forum
Progress

Step 1: Login
    Step 2: Upgrade Options
    Step 3: Backup
    Step 4: Database Changes
    Step 5: Convert serialized strings to JSON
    Step 6: Convert to UTF-8
    Step 7: Delete Upgrade.php

Overall Progress
0%
0%
Time Elapsed: 17 mins, 56 seconds.
Updating Your SMF Installation!
Thank you for choosing to upgrade to SMF 2.1.2. All files appear to be in place and the upgrade can now proceed.
Warning!
This upgrade script is out of date! The current version of SMF is 2.1.2 but this upgrade script is for 2.1.2.

It is recommended that you visit the Simple Machines Website to ensure you are upgrading to the latest version.
Critical Error!
The upgrade script cannot find script.js or it is out of date. Make sure your theme paths are correct. You can download a setting checker tool from the Simple Machines Website
Warning!

"gloudiesaurus" is running the upgrade script.

The upgrade script has been running for the last 17 minutes and 56 seconds.

The upgrade script was last updated 1 minutes and 4 seconds ago.

We recommend that you do not run this script unless you are sure that gloudiesaurus has completed their upgrade.

You can choose to either run the upgrade again from the beginning or continue from the last step reached during the most recent upgrade.
Admin Login:
For security purposes please login with your admin account to proceed with the upgrade.

Username:
Password:
    Continue from step reached during last execution of upgrade script.

Note: If necessary, the above security check can be bypassed for users who may administrate a server, but may not have admin rights on the forum. In order to bypass the above check, simply open "upgrade.php" in a text editor and replace "$disable_security = false;" with "$disable_security = true;" and refresh this page.

SMF © 2022, Simple Machines

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

gloudiesaurus

Quote from: Kindred on September 12, 2022, 08:13:35 PMSwitch to English and try the upgrade

I can't reach the admin-panel now.

You mean putting the old back up from the forum (2.0.19) back and select English as language and then run the update?

Maybe also uninstall all mods then?

gloudiesaurus

And this error is no problem?:

QuoteWarning: Use of undefined constant mysql - assumed 'mysql' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/gppitsnet/domains/gppits.net/public_html/forum/Settings.php on line 285

@rjen

Quote from: gloudiesaurus on September 13, 2022, 04:12:25 AMAnd this error is no problem?:

QuoteWarning: Use of undefined constant mysql - assumed 'mysql' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/gppitsnet/domains/gppits.net/public_html/forum/Settings.php on line 285

It is a warning, due to the php version used by your host, but it is a warning: you can continue..

Try to run the upgrader in English, see the image below...
You cannot view this attachment.

Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

gloudiesaurus

This is what I see when selecting English language.

@rjen

Ok, as it seems your upgrade is still running (from when you started in dutch) and it has never been able to get past step 3 (creating the backup)

Now this may take longer for large forums, but should never take this long...

I would expect that you can restart the upgrade (in English), but I do not know right now how to 'stop'  the running process. I assume someone more knowledgable will come along soon to tell us...

gloudiesaurus

I started again in English.
Now I get this screen

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: gloudiesaurus on September 13, 2022, 10:47:08 AMI started again in English.
Now I get this screen

It is still in dutch. Look at the language on the upper left corner. That should be in english too.

gloudiesaurus

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on September 13, 2022, 10:52:45 AM
Quote from: gloudiesaurus on September 13, 2022, 10:47:08 AMI started again in English.
Now I get this screen

It is still in dutch. Look at the language on the upper left corner. That should be in english too.

How can I change this?

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: gloudiesaurus on September 13, 2022, 11:11:27 AM
Now I get this screen

How can I change this?

For smf 2.0..19 you can change the default language by going to your Admin Panel->Configuration->Languages->Settings->Default Forum Language. Select the English from the drop down and save the changes.

But before you do that, can you check your server error log first and see if there are any errors logged in there?

@rjen

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on September 13, 2022, 11:16:08 AMFor smf 2.0..19 you can change the default language by going to your Admin Panel->Configuration->Languages->Settings->Default Forum Language. Select the English from the drop down and save the changes.

Pretty sure he cannot do that, because his forum is in the middle of the upgrade process...

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: @rjen on September 13, 2022, 12:19:08 PM
Quote from: Doug Heffernan on September 13, 2022, 11:16:08 AMFor smf 2.0..19 you can change the default language by going to your Admin Panel->Configuration->Languages->Settings->Default Forum Language. Select the English from the drop down and save the changes.

Pretty sure he cannot do that, because his forum is in the middle of the upgrade process...

That goes without saying. I meant it should the op want to roll back and change the default language properly.

gloudiesaurus

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on September 13, 2022, 11:16:08 AM
Quote from: gloudiesaurus on September 13, 2022, 11:11:27 AM
Now I get this screen

How can I change this?

For smf 2.0..19 you can change the default language by going to your Admin Panel->Configuration->Languages->Settings->Default Forum Language. Select the English from the drop down and save the changes.

But before you do that, can you check your server error log first and see if there are any errors logged in there?

Can't see any errors.
Only:
Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant mysql - assumed 'mysql' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/gppitsnet/domains/gppits.net/public_html/forum/Settings.php on line 285'

Change language not possible now because I can't reach the admin-panel.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: gloudiesaurus on September 13, 2022, 02:33:50 PMCan't see any errors.
Only:
Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant mysql - assumed 'mysql' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/gppitsnet/domains/gppits.net/public_html/forum/Settings.php on line 285'

Can you check the Settings.php file and see if the $db_type var has the dollar symbol, or is defined without it? When you ran the upgrader, did you select the option to migrate the Settings.php file to a smf 2.1. format or somthing of that nature as I do not recall the precise words off the top of my head?

Quote from: gloudiesaurus on September 13, 2022, 02:33:50 PMChange language not possible now because I can't reach the admin-panel.

I know. That was meant, as mentioned above, for when/if you do a roll back.

gloudiesaurus

In settings.php
$db_type = mysql;

I did select this option:
Migrate to a new Settings file.

Sir Osis of Liver

You have to restore the forum to 2.0.19, set default language to english, run upgrade from beginning.  Changing language in middle of upgrade doesn't work.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

gloudiesaurus

Ok I just can delete all forum files now and upload my back up 2.0.19 via FTP now?

Kindred

and restore the 2.0.19 database -- because, if any database changes were done during the aborted upgrade, 2.0.19 will not work
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

gloudiesaurus

I deleted all forum files and put back the back up of 2.0.19. Then it worked.
Changed language to English and upload the 2.1.02 files again.

Choose English for installation and I got exact the same as before. See screenshots.

Advertisement: