Last night, I upgraded from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5. It finished successfully. I then upgraded to 2.0.6 which also finished successfully. Everything seems to be working fine EXCEPT the "Users active in the last 15 minutes" section. It shows my user id multiple times. Even when I logoff, it shows my ID as active multiple times.
Any ideas on what I should do to fix this?
Is it just your user ID or does it do so for others as well? Might want to try clearing your browsers cookies and cache. If that doesn't work, clearing your database's smf_sessions table should do that trick.
It is only my ID but it happens even when I am not logged on. Other members have told me about it. I will try the ideas you've suggested. Thank you very much.
Ok. I did both of these things and it is still happening. Do you have any other thoughts?
Admin>Forum maintenance>"Empty the file cache" & "Find and repair any errors".
If that doesn't cure it, what does it look like, if you use the SMF default theme?
I did that and it did not fix it. We are using the default theme.
I noticed a new bit of info.
When I click "who's online", my user name is not repeated. Instead, it shows a list of guests - likely web crawlers
Also, to make it just a bit more interesting, one of the other admins deleted my account in frustration. I'm working with another admin account but the problem persists - my old account name shows up many times in the "active in the last 15"
Quoteone of the other admins deleted my account in frustration.
Huh ! :o
Sorry but it sounds like a forum out of control with multiple people allowed to make rash changes.
Who knows what else the other admins have done. I suggest you get a little order there and some procedures in place.
We have procedures for things such as this - they aren't always followed.
Just to consolidate:
When I look at "active in the last 15", it shows my now-deleted user id multiple times.
When you click "who's online", it does not show my now-deleted id - it shows "guests" as it should.
I have tried:
clearing the cache on cookies on my browser (restarting my computer afterwards)
Admin>Forum maintenance>"Empty the file cache" & "Find and repair any errors"
The id that shows up multiple time is an admin account that has now been deleted by another admin. when I ran "find and repair any errors", it noticed the posts that I'd made (posts without a user). I let them alone for the time being.
Before he deleted me, he banned me, unbanned me. This was all done after the problem surfaced.
So far, nothing has remedied the problem. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
URL? What mods do you have installed?
Obviously, this is not a 2.0.6 problem, specifically, since this and hundreds (thousands) of other sites are running 2.0.6 now without seeing this error.
Which means that it has to come down to something specific on your system...
The URL is gunslingersgulch.com
the mods are listed in this picture:
I wonder if the "Users online today" mod's playing-up...?
since I can not view pictures form my office (one of the many things that gets blocked), it would be better if you pasted the TEXT list rather than a screen shot of the list.
However, I suspect that K@ has probably hit it... try removing/disabling that mod
here they are:
1. Simple Audio Video Embedder 2.0.6 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2. SMF 2.0.4 Update 1.0 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3. Stupid bouncy BBC 1.0 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4. Medal Honor For Years 1.0 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5. Users Online Today 2.0.3 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6. NChat 1.3.2 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7. News Letter Mod for SMF2 1.14 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8. Board Icons 1.0 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9. Karma Description Mod 2.7.1 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10. Stop Forum Spam 1.0 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11. SMF 1.1.19 / 2.0.6 Update 1.0 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12. Live Clock In Header 1.0 [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13. Add Avatar To Who Is Online Version 1.1 1.0 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14. SMF 2.0.5 Update 1.0 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15. SMFPacks Shoutbox 1.0.4 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16. Auto Email Inactive Users 1.7 [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
17. Simple Image Upload 1.3.0 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
18. SMF 2.0.2 Update 1.0 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
19. PM Informer 4.0 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
20. Welcome Topic Mod 2.1 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
21. Karma Buttons 1.1 [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
22. Birthday Posts 0.13 Beta [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
23. SMF 2.0.3 Update 1.0 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
24. Prevent Adding Signature Images And Links 2.0 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
You might be on to something! When I tried to remove that mod, I got errors and a warning that said don't do it unless you know what you are doing (and I pretty much don't)
1. Execute Modification ./Sources/BoardIndex.php Test failed
1. Replace ./Sources/BoardIndex.php Test failed
that just means that SOMETHING (some other mod, proibably) changed the code that the users online mod changed - so it can not auto-uninstall... and you will have to manually alter the affected code in order to get it uninstalled
Thank you for your help.
How do I manually alter the code so that I can get it uninstalled?
To make life a bit easier, edit that file, manually.
If you comment-out this:
// Get the user online today list.
$context += getUsersOnlineTodayStats();
// Users Online Today
<span class="ie6_header floatleft">
<img class="icon" src="', $settings['images_url'], '/icons/online.gif', '" alt="', $txt['online_users'], '" />', $txt['uot_users_online_'.$modSettings['uot_setting_period']], '
<p class="inline smalltext">';
$txt['uot_total'], ': <b>', $context['num_users_online_today'], '</b>';
' (', $txt['uot_visible'], ': ', ($context['num_users_online_today'] - $context['num_users_hidden_today']), ', ', $txt['uot_hidden'], ': ', $context['num_users_hidden_today'], ')';
// Assuming there ARE users online... each user in users_online has an id, username, name, group, href, and link.
if (!empty($context['users_online_today']) && $context['viewing_allowed'])
'<br />', implode(', ', $context['list_users_online_today']);
The mod will, effectively, be uninstalled.
Thank you for your help. I'm running a full backup now and we will make the suggested changes as soon as finishes.
The problem appears to be solved. Thank you all so much for your kind help
Just for the record, it was related to this:
The #1 user had the ID changed to 0 and this brought all kind of madness :P
At least we got there, in the end, ay? :)
We did, indeed! You folks are amazing and greatly appreciated.
No problem. :)