RSS Feed Icon for boards

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 17, 2006, 01:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2sanstef

Hi installed the RSS feed using the package manager but keep getting the following error message:

http://www.sanstefanos.co.uk/smf/index.php?action=.xml;board=1;type=rss 
2: smf_main(/www.sanstefanos.co.uk/smf/Sources/News.php) [<a href='function.smf-main'>function.smf-main</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
File: /www.sanstefanos.co.uk/smf/index.php
Line: 350

Have I missed something?

Thanks

vbgamer45

That is an issue with SMF looks like your Sources/News.php file is missing reupload that file from the SMF's package.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

2sanstef

Thanks for your response you were exactly right the file was missing and the RSS feed works perfect since uploading

Ta

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Realinfo

Please tell me what is use of FEED.............

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

T@by

Which RSS Reader/Aggregators can be used?
Google Reader for example doesn't work.

giving an address like
http://www.mysite.com/smf/index.php?action=.xml;board=1;type=rss
it is stored as
http://www.mysite.com/smf/index.php?action=.xml;type=rss

id_board parameter is removed. This happen with all rss reades I tryied (client software or web based).

vbgamer45

Should work with all readers unless it is a bug with SMF. Since it is just an xml link to the rss feed of the board.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

TDNY

Loaded this onto my forum, it's a 1.1.8 with the default-core. Seamless install with no edits to make or errors reported 8). Thanks for this Mod.

TD

computel

I was wondering what the command is to get the topic only and not the replies can this be done?

Thanks

dextrous

Hello,
1. I want to display more text in the description then it currenty is in the feed--anyway I can edit it?
2. Some posts have spaces and it shows up in the feed as well. Any way to elimiate this?

Thanks

vbgamer45

Quote from: dextrous on March 30, 2009, 07:01:24 PM
Hello,
1. I want to display more text in the description then it currenty is in the feed--anyway I can edit it?
2. Some posts have spaces and it shows up in the feed as well. Any way to elimiate this?

Thanks
Not supported by this mod. This mod just adds an icon.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

2sanstef

Hi I installed this on my forum via the package manager after a re-install due to a hack.

Functions ok but the RSS icon doesn't appear, its in the .zip file where should the package manager have installed this image file?

Thanks

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MF30

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

2sanstef

I have managed to install this mod manually but have a bizarre problem with it. The feed works on all boards apart from the first one "Sanstefanos news and views"?

http://www.sanstefanos.co.uk/smf/index.php

Any clues??

InsaneneSs

Hi guys, i wanted to know who can I put the RSS image before the board name instead after.

I'm using SMF 2 RC.

TheListener

How do I stop boards such as the staff area being added to the rss feeder?

Advertisement: