News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

RSS Feed Icon for boards

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 17, 2006, 01:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Yeah that is something this mod does not do or look into only adds the icon. Sounds like a general smf feed issue.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ontime

Hi all
for the ones that have the rss show up as just text on modded themes, I just copied the rss.png from themes/default/images   to modded theme/image directory now the rss icon shows on the forums .

http://www.fweclan.com/smf/index.php?action=forum

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

doughboy99

Is there anyway to use this as a feed for Calendar Events?

vbgamer45

This just adds an icon next the boards this mod does not add feeds.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

doughboy99

Thanks yes just had a proper look at this(and installed it). I'll just have to carryon looking for a mod that allows me to have a feed of Calendar events for use by our users.

matt3006

Do you have any advice on how to get the RSS icon to display if I am on SMF 1.1.13? I tried manually copying the icon file to the new modded theme/images directory but that doesn't work. In fact, I copied that file into multiple places but it isn't taking.  All I keep getting is the "rss" text.

I read this single mod is supposed to work for both 1.1 and 2.0. But that does not seem to be the case.

Any clues?  Thanks.

Matthew

Quote from: ontime on February 27, 2011, 07:38:15 PM
Hi all
for the ones that have the rss show up as just text on modded themes, I just copied the rss.png from themes/default/images   to modded theme/image directory now the rss icon shows on the forums .

vbgamer45

Link to board with issue or right click and goto properites on the rss image to get the image path

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

matt3006

Yes, that was quite helpful. I feel stupid for not thinking of it. The problem was I thought the file was actually being copied into the directory when it really wasn't.  I actually had to gain root access to copy the file inside.

All is well and it looks great!

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

rightofatilla

Do you have an RSS reader that can spawn a new thread when clicked?

vbgamer45

This mod just adds an icon to access SMF's feeds

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mwine

Having an issue using the package manager to install this mod on 2.0 Gold.  It uploads the zip file but when I click install,  it gives me  "500 Internal Server Error".  I have quite a few mods installed so it may be effected by the others, I will do a manual install since it's only a couple changes. 

***Update***

Did manual install and works great.  Thanks for the Mod!!

katmai

i have a question regarding this mod. sorry vbgamer, i just love a bunch of your mods.

is there any way the RSS would update with the new TOPICS instead of the posts? i find it a bit weird that i get my reader filled with the new posts, and i would just like to change it to new topics only.

vbgamer45

Possibly if the SMF feeds supports topics only then it could be switched to that link instead.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

luuuciano

No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

ddabcd277

Hello guys,

Have a problem. My rss icon seems to stop working. When clicked over it just an empty white screen appears. The code seems to be ok in Board.index and Massage.Index. Anyone faced similar problem.  :-\

Many Thanks,

rihsano

why rss feed icon not show in my theme
www.kutass.tk

vbgamer45

Make sure you apply the edits to your theme and copy the rss.png file to theme too

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: