News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

RSS Feed Icon for boards

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 17, 2006, 01:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMFHacks.com Team

Update
+Added support for SMF 2.1.x
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

TurtleKicker

Might have found a bug (SMF 2.1 RC1)

The board index normally lists the board names inside of an anchor. Like this:

<div class="info">
     <a class="subject mobile_subject" href="https://www.forumname.com/index.php?board=2.0" id="b2">
Board title
<p class="board_description mobile_display"></p>
     </a>
    <p class="board_description"></p>
</div>

Note where the anchor closes. When you ad this mod, it puts the RSS icon and its link right after the "board title", before the "<p class" but importantly, before the anchor closes. So it's an anchor inside an anchor, which is invalid HTML.

I'm seeing inconsistent results (one FF instance shows the RSS icons, another on another computer doesn't) and was trying to troubleshoot, and came across this.

A second, weirder thing that is most certainly me not understanding how things work: the modifications to BoardIndex.template.php are "taking", but not the modifications to MessageIndex.template.php. I mean, the changes are done to the file on the server, but not appearing in the resulting source when viewing the messages inside of a given board. So even on the Firefox computer that is showing the RSS iconds for theboard index, there are none on the message index. Now, you're going to ask me: are you using a non-default theme? And yes, I am (Cleo). So here's where you educate me and I become smarter: in the files for the theme, there is neither a MessageIndex.template.php nor a BoardIndex.template.php file. So I assume then just the default ones are used...? And the default/MessageIndex.template.php is getting modified, so.... *scratches head*.  Another theme I have installed.... Lunarfall... does have both of those files, and when you go to install the RSS mod you're given the option to apply to that theme's files as well, so it makes sense.

Anyway, feel free to pull a Ygritte, tell me "you know nothing", beat me with a cluestick and hopefully I learn something in all this. Thanks!

(PS: don't waste time worrying about why this one Firefox isn't displaying the RSS icons... I'm sure it's a boneheaded add-on blocking it... I'll figure it out eventually).

TurtleKicker

Any updates on the before mentioned bug or an update for SMF 2.1 RC2?

vbgamer45

Haven't had time to look into it yet will do so when I return from vacation
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

TurtleKicker

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 24, 2019, 04:44:20 AM
Haven't had time to look into it yet will do so when I return from vacation
Since it's been a few days I figured I'd check in again. :D Thanks!

dominioboys

I installed the mod on smf 2.0.17 and you can see the rss icons but when I click them I open a white page with the codes what should I do?

vbgamer45

Can you send a link? Probably either a bad mod on SMF messed up the RSS feeds
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dominioboys

I uninstalled it for pure but it was a blank page with all an HTML code

fix?

i have this
1.     Topic Descriptions   1.3    
2.   SMFPacks Shoutbox   1.1    
3.   Say Thanks   1.3.6    
4.   Adk BBC Magnet   1.0    
5.   Topics list support [Taby]   1.05    
6.   Hide Content   1.1.4    
7.   Yet Another Spoiler Mod   
8.   Topic Solved   1.1.2    
9.   Custom blocks   2.5.2    
10.   RSS Feed Icon   1.1   
11.   ed2k links support Taby

vbgamer45

I need to see it install what code is shown etc.

Or if you click your RSS feed in bottom of forum do you get same code.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dominioboys

vbgamer45

Its from one of those mods. I cant' tell without seeing the site.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

goldenstudios

vbgamer45

You need to give permisisons. I think under news and newsletters.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

goldenstudios

vbgamer45

I still think permissions. I can't read the language so not sure what the error says.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

goldenstudios

vbgamer45

I am not really sure can't tell from screenshot.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

goldenstudios

vbgamer45

I see this issue. That board is not open for guests. You can't have an RSS feed for private board.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: