News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

IPB 1.2 to SMF 1.0.7 -> not all members converted

Started by azarimy, July 22, 2006, 08:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azarimy

i admit i'm a little behind on most upgrades. my old forum (which is still active) is using IPB 1.2. i've managed another site on SMF 1.0.7., and thought it's about time to convert the old forum to SMF as well. so dloaded the IPB to SMF converter, installed a fresh SMF and setup everything right and running good.

old forum (IPB 1.2) new temporary forum (SMF 1.0.7)

i ran the converter, and it seems to convert everything just fine, until i checked the member total. in the old forum, i have 995 members, 37577posts in 1814 topics. the new, converted forum has the same amount of posts and topics, but only 500 members. i went to the forum maintenance and ran "find and repair any errors", which lists a whole bunch of errors. clicking fix results in 500 members, 37576posts in 1792 topics

can anyone help explain what happened?

Oldiesmann

Did you get any errors when you ran the converter?

What kinds of errors did you get when you went to "Find and repair any errors"?

The converter was written for IPB 1.3, so we might need to do some tweaking to get it to work with IPB 1.2.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

J. Williams

If I'm right, he could just simply download IPB 1.3 from somewhere; upgrade his board to it ,then convert.

On SMF, I would guess there's a limit :P
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

azarimy

i didnt realize the converter wouldnt work properly with ipb 1.2, coz it only indicates ipb 1.x, so i just assumed. i didnt get any error messages when converting. i only noticed errors after checking in smf admin. there are two types of error messages, i just post a few examples below:

Topic 1972 contains no messages
Topic 1991 contains no messages
Topic 2011 contains no messages
Topic 2016 contains no messages
Topic 2058 contains no messages
Topic 2 has a bad first message: 0
Topic 4 has a bad first message: 0
Topic 5 has a bad first message: 0

anyways, just now i ran the invision_to_smf.php again. and guess what? it converts the exact number of members, posts and topics as the original ones. i didnt change anything, and last time i ran the file 3 times and got 500 members. anyway, assuming the original problem is out the window, can u tell me what those errors above are? coz i still have it after a fresh convert. is it safe to just repair all?

Advertisement: