News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Posts Deleting themselves

Started by Belak, July 19, 2006, 01:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belak

OK, I don't know if this is the right place to make this thread, but I am in serious need of some help and advise. My forum is just starting out, and is still in it's unofficial stage while I work out some kinks and problems, but I am now having a problem that I don't know how to fix.

Topics and posts will simply disappear and they are not old. Often they are just posted in or the post just before the one that just got posted.

Does anyone know what is going on?

I really need some help. Thank you.

If it helps any or whatever my forum is hxxp:something.speedycomputing.com [nonactive]
Something Profound
hxxp:something.speedycomputing.com [nonactive]
  - A small forum about everything and anything from Philosophy to Gaming.

PrizeLive.com

Are you sure the topic starter or admin or mod didnt delete them?

You should setup a trash board where your deleted topics go to... You can make it only viewable as an admin/mod... THat's what I have setup on mine...

Mine looks like this --

Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

Compuart

Also try:

• admin -> maintenance -> 'Find and repair any errors.'
  • admin -> maintenance -> 'Recount all forum totals and statistics.'
  • admin -> Features and Options -> 'Log moderation actions' (to see whether someone deleted the posts)

And check if you or any other moderators have a web accelerator installed (like Fasterfox or Google Web Accelerator).
Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

Belak

I have a board for that, and when this gets screwy like it is, it doesn't go there. I know it's not admins and users because it keeps blaming me, or just doesn't log it at all. It's started locking random topics now too.
Something Profound

PrizeLive.com

Quote from: Compuart on July 19, 2006, 01:23:50 PM
And check if you or any other moderators have a web accelerator installed (like Fasterfox or Google Web Accelerator).

What would this do?

Quote from: Belak on July 19, 2006, 01:31:59 PM
I have a board for that, and when this gets screwy like it is, it doesn't go there. I know it's not admins and users because it keeps blaming me, or just doesn't log it at all. It's started locking random topics now too.

Are you sure you have permissions set correctly? Are your users or guests able to lock topics?
Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

Compuart

Quote from: SurfExcelerator.com on July 19, 2006, 01:32:22 PM

What would this do?
It'll try to cache pages it expects the user will visit. However, if it caches links that delete/lock/etc., strange things can happen...
Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

Belak

Quote from: Compuart on July 19, 2006, 01:36:00 PM
Quote from: SurfExcelerator.com on July 19, 2006, 01:32:22 PM

You may be my hero, I'll bet that's what it is. I'll talk to my admin asap about that. Thank you

What would this do?
It'll try to cache pages it expects the user will visit. However, if it caches links that delete/lock/etc., strange things can happen...

Wow, you are my hero if this works, thank you
Something Profound

Advertisement: