News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Pre-Save Post?

Started by Senkusha, July 21, 2006, 08:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

I've got a question, since I can't use the search to find this:

Is there a Mod or a tweak available that allows the SMF software to "save" the post message (subject and message) when hitting the Post button?

The reason I ask is occasionally, my members will receive an error:  You have already posted this message or may have clicked the post button twice.  Please try again.

Only I know that I only pressed the post button one time.  It is very aggravating to have to type really long posts when this happens.  Can anything be done?

Thanks!
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

unrelenting

If you use Firefox rather than Internet Explorer you can just hit the back button and it will still be there.  ;)

Senkusha

I am using Fire Fox, and when I tried that, all the text is gone.  :(
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade

unrelenting

Well, I can't understand why mine stays there. All I do is push the back button but in IE it is always gone.

TaGBaN

This would be a useful feature, if it saved to a cookie or something, so that if theres an error, you can "Retrieve Cookied Post". Then maybe once its successful post it removes the cookie.  Have it auto-save every 10 seconds?

Kind of like gmail does with drafts.

Senkusha

I was thinking of a simular idea...a save to local computer MOD.  It would save all your data when you hit the Post button, and in the event of a malfunction (ISP drop, Duplicate post error, Spam filter....) it would automatically highlight the error in Red (much like if you miss typing in the subject or body), and automatically fill in your saved data.  Upon a successful post, the auto save would be deleted.

Another MOD I'd love to see is more of a RPG type mod.  Sometimes when players write up thier posts they can be quite lengthy.  Basically what I'd love to see is a "Save" or "Draft" button, that would save the post to the local computer (or like a personal message box or something) -- or both! so that you can continue drafting your post if you get interrupted with RL (real life) tasks.
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade

Advertisement: