News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Look and feel

Started by silverdragon, August 01, 2003, 10:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverdragon

You know, after all the changes you guys made to the template and the general look and feel, the look here is actually really nice.  The forums no longer look like the old 1999 based UBB stuff, you have a real nice and clean web site with hints of cool technology.

To whomever was working on the template breaks and borders, awesome job!  Anyone who says otherwise is just plain wrong :P

-SD

[Unknown]

I did some (the parts that don't look as good...) and Joseph Fung did other parts.  It was entirely his idea, and I also very like it.

Thanks... we hope for the best ;D.

-[Unknown]

Daniel D.

What about changing the order of the buttons in message index ? Now they're not logical sorted (grammar ?). Put "Mark as Read" to the right.

Tim

there's still a problemin Opera. I have to go into user mode to browse the site correctly. I haven't got a clue what it does, but it appears to disable the style sheet.

[Unknown]

Whicih version of Opera do you use?  Me and Jack.R.Abbit can probably both vouch for it working perfectly in 7...

-[Unknown]

Joel

Looks great! I can vouch for it working fine in Opera 7 as well.

Many thanks for the hard work you all have put into this product. The site looks very professional all around.

Joseph

Joel - there are still al lot of changes coming, but we though you guys would like to see the changes in progress :)
Joseph Fung
Co-Founder & CEO, Kiite
Co-Founder TribeHR, Lewis Media, SMF

Joel

Quote from: Joseph Fung on August 02, 2003, 01:37:14 PM
Joel - there are still al lot of changes coming, but we though you guys would like to see the changes in progress :)

You mean this isn't everything?? Come on, it's already alpha. ;)

All joking aside, it's coming along nicely even at this early stage.

Tim

Jim

Looks great in IE & Opera 7.20 here, Netscape 7.01 too, but have you checked it in Mozilla or Firebird?
(I appreciate it's early days.)
In Mozilla and Firebird the forums skew way off the screen to the right.
Least they do on mine.  8)
hxxp:www.grid.org/services/teams/team.htm?id=84EBB39E-E9ED-4C05-8361-30AC9D7EC821 [nonactive]

[Unknown]

I had it working... maybe... hmm I'll look again.

-[Unknown]

LiquidStang

Looks great on Mozilla in RH 9 when I viewed it from work an hour ago.  Great job so far!!! I look forward to watching this place change!
Functionless Art is Simply Tolerated Vandalism

mephisto_kur

Quote from: Jim on August 02, 2003, 03:40:09 PM

Hmm, I'm not seeing any issues on Phoenix 0.5 or Firebird 0.61...  Tried at 1280x1024 and 800x600.
She put her foot down on the oscillation pedal - she was a transdimensional speeder!

Axplosion

The new lay-out, look and feel are ok, I especially like te new buttons, but I think the entire site is a bit too grey.... ^-^ Anyway, the site itself is very good, very nice, logical design...! :)

klumy

Yeah, the new layout is very good !!  :)

Acf

not every thing is 3d yet :/
Sigh...

Jim

Quote from: Jim on August 02, 2003, 03:40:09 PM
Looks great in IE & Opera 7.20 here, Netscape 7.01 too, but have you checked it in Mozilla or Firebird?
(I appreciate it's early days.)

Still happening. Used 1024*768 and 800*600.

In Firebird 0.61 and Mozilla 1.4

The forum front page appears ok, but following any links, it shoots way off to the right of the screen. leaving a big white space to the right.
hxxp:www.grid.org/services/teams/team.htm?id=84EBB39E-E9ED-4C05-8361-30AC9D7EC821 [nonactive]

Jeff Lewis

I'm running Mozilla 1.4 on Windows Xp with no issues at all.
Co-Founder of SMF

Acf

i dont see  that anything is  wrong with firebird 0.6.1
Sigh...

Jim

Screenshot here of Firebird :

hxxp:www.nutscaper.com/smshot.png [nonactive]

Update : Mozilla and Netscape Ok now, in addition to IE, so must be a firebird thing?

Advertisement: