Final - Will it have...?

Started by B Patterson, July 22, 2006, 09:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Patterson

In using this site, I notice a very large green top-bar that says "loading" when you edit your posts and such.  It's a nice AJAX touch.  I was wondering a few things after seeing this:

1.) Will this be the default behavior in 1.1 final?
2.) It will be skinnable right?  And it won't look like that for the final release will it?
3.) vB has the option to either "Quick Edit" or "Full Edit" your posts.  Will SMF share that functionality in a one-button type interface?  Or will this too be skin-dependant?
4.) What AJAX stuff does SMF plan on adding to it's code-base?

Just lookin to the future and wondering what y'all have in store.....

Leipe Po

inline editing is allready part of smf 1.1, or quick edit how you like to call it..didnt noticed to loading bar you just mentioned...
There is only one thing more importend to me then coding:
My Girlfriend

Microsoft - "You've got questions.  We've got dancing paperclips."

B Patterson

Quoteinline editing is allready part of smf 1.1, or quick edit how you like to call it
yes, but as of now, there are 2 buttons to do the edit function.  I guess it's more of a skin feature than anything.  But the default in vB or IPB (not sure which) is to have a link that says "Edit", when clicked it shows "Quick Edit" or "Full Edit" in a type of nested <ul>.  Quick edit is in-line, full-edit is what it says.... I guess it's a theme option... so disregard...

Quotedidnt noticed to loading bar you just mentioned...
Yeah... it's there. If you have a fast connection you really barely see it.  But still, it's like a 75px high bar with white writing that says "Loading ..." in it.  Kind of bland, hoping its skinnable and not set.

EDIT
Just edited, and it's very quick, you really can barely see it.  But it's there....
<div id="ajax_in_progress" style="display: none;">Loading...</div>
That's the loading bar I'm talking about... so I guess it's skinnable.... just not implemented in current 1.1RC2 code-base :(

Advertisement: