News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can't Upload Bridge Package (Supposedly Corrupt)

Started by webgyrl, July 29, 2006, 10:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webgyrl

Hello!

I am new to SMF and Joomla!. I tried to do a search on this topic, but nothing that came up really fit the bill, so I am hoping someone here can help me.

I am creating a brand new site that is running Joomla! 1.0.10 (Sundown) installed via Fantastico in my hosts cPanel. I have also just installed SMF 1.0.7 (I did a manual upgrade from 1.0.5 that was installed via Fantastico).

Now I would like to bridge the two scripts together so that my SMF forum is wrapped in my Joomla! site.

I got the instructions for how to install BRIDGEv3.19a (Stable). I downloaded the copy of the Bridge I am using for 1.0.7 from this fourm here.

As per the instructions that came with the Bridge files, I logged in to my SMF Admin, went to the Package Manager, entered in some FTP info to make certain files writeable and proceeded to upload (download package file) zipped file  MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_stable.zip. I clicked "Upload" and I got the following error message:

Error Message:

The package you tried to upload is not a valid package or has become corrupted.

Is there another package file that I should have used, or a better place to download the file from?

Or perhaps something else is wrong? If someone could shed some light on this issue, I would greatly appraciate it!  :)

Thank you so much!
M

Kindred

you have to extract the 3.19a archive to your local drive and follow the 4 steps...

try reading the sticky posts?   Especially the one labelled "Combined readme" which contains step by step instructions on how to install both 1.1.5 and 3.19a
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

webgyrl

OK.

I did read some of the sticky posts, but I guess I missed the combined readme. Sorry, I've been overwhelemed with a lot of installing of scripts today!

I know you guys are awful busy, but I think the Step-by-Step installation guide (MOS_SMF Bridge Step-by-Step Installation Guide) that comes in the zipped package is not up to date.

I did unzip the package into my local computer.

Will go read the other sticky now.

I appreciate you taking time to respond to me.

Thank you so much!

Advertisement: