Is there a problem with end users cpu usage going to 100%

Started by City Builder, July 31, 2006, 05:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

City Builder

I have a user that is experiencing high cpu usage when visiting our forums website.  He says that when he visits our forum his task manager in win xp goes up to about 96 to 98% usage.

When he closes the browser window with our forum his usage goes down to normal again but when he reopens the browser and goes to our forum it goes back up.

We are running SMF 1.07 AND Tiny Portal, and others at our forums are not experiencing it so I figure its the end users computer thats struggling along but said that I would ask here just in case it's a known issue.

Thanks for your time.

jerm

does it just happen when he visits your forum? its possible he has some spyware running in the background somewhere

City Builder

Yes, he says it's only when he visits my forum.  He says that he has microsofts defender and spybot installed and it's not detecting anything.  The only mods I have installed are MessageIcon Manager, Contact Page, and Tiny Portal.  Im not sure what or when I installed MessageIcon Manager though.

jerm

can the user test it out with another browser type?

City Builder

He said he tried it on his linux box with firefox as well as his XP box with internet explorer.

I've tried it repeatedly as has other members and nobody else has said that it's a problem for them yet.

Advertisement: