News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

You Tube

Started by Hensch, July 31, 2006, 10:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hensch

Hello there,
i would like to know if there are problems like copyright or bandwidth stealing when i use the youtube video id mod in my smf.

bye

Wenn Videospiele wie PAC-MAN meine Kindheit beeinflusst hätten, würde ich heute durch dunkle Räume irren, Pillen fressen und elektronische Musik hören
hxxp:www.adhs-anderswelt.de [nonactive] hxxp:www.adhs-selbsthilfe-pool.de [nonactive]

H

No there aren't as youtube allow you to embed their videos.

However if the videos themselves violate someones copyright you should remove them as soon as you know
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Joshsux

or just not care, if somebody came to my forum complaining about there video on my site i'd just ignore em.
If you can't hear it before you see it, then it ain't a harley

Dannii

Would you ignore them if they contacted your host and your forum got deleted? :D
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

TheGamer

Or if it was Bill Gates and 6 lawyers who contacted you? :p

Joshsux

Quote from: eldacar on August 04, 2006, 01:13:44 AM
Would you ignore them if they contacted your host and your forum got deleted? :D

i know the host personally, he also wouldn't really care... if it's on youtube it aint private.... and bill gates care about some kids video? HAH! hes to cool for that!

Dannii

Your friend own a T3 line or something? Colocated? Kiddiehost on their ISP?
Someone somewhere could be contacted who would care, and could disconnect your host.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Joshsux

Dunno but he runs it he owns his own webhosting site he was doing a site www.digitalmediaempire.com that needed like 3tb of bandwith a couple months ago lol, (he hasn't updated that site for heaps long them deals are way out dated) don't even know if thats still the site. and no why would somebody care like i said if somebody hosts a video on youtube then it aint private, it even says that in there rules. you get to pick "private" or "public" and if i can view it then it's public. :)

Dannii

You said you wouldn't care if someone complained about a video on your site, not a video on youtube. Youtube have their own lawyers, it's completely different.

Joshsux

read what i said next time..... he said that somebody could complain about the youtube video being on your own site the owner of the video.... i just said i wouldn't care, god dam....

Quote from: huwnet on August 01, 2006, 07:38:36 AM
However if the videos themselves violate someones copyright you should remove them as soon as you know

Quote from: Joshsux on August 04, 2006, 12:30:14 AM
or just not care, if somebody came to my forum complaining about there video on my site i'd just ignore em.

= We are talking about youtube videos on somebody elses site, next time read what the topic was =S

Dannii

You didn't specify who the 'there' [sic] was refering to. And as you didn't mention youtube in that post, the obvious answer would be the 'somebody came to my forum complaining', ie the copyright holders.

Joshsux

no... you miss understood you are wrong, stop trying to be a hero. i didnt have to specify as it was all on topic about youtube videos being hosted on somebody elses website..... why the hell would i turn around and say something like

"Yes if that person who hosted a video on youtube came to my site complaining about me having it on my site"

when my reply was straight after his? who would i be talking about somebody in a different forum?

It was common sence as it was all about the same topic, nobody else miss understood it only you.

m3talc0re

I'm not a person to care about people posting with bad grammar, but no damn wonder you're arguing on this thread. Both of you posting with such bad grammar, it's all gibberish :/ I can't follow the damn thread because everything is all mixed up.
The real hell is your life gone wrong.

Joshsux

TheGamer

Okay, okay. I think we're getting off the topic of YouTube here.

Advertisement: