News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

BUG - Guests & Permissions

Started by ROGUE-Master, April 28, 2004, 05:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROGUE-Master

I was working out my permissions so only 3 certain member groups can post in a board which redirects to my news here: www.clanrogue.com/news.php

But I think I found a bug when you edit the Local Permissions on a board and in the "Access Area" the check box on the Guests area never stays checked. It always re-unchecks itself automatically. Is this a bug?

Oldiesmann

It appears to be... I just did a quick check on my test board and it did the same thing... However, guests still have access to an area I set as "guests only"...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ROGUE-Master

Yes they do, but if I edit permissions of another group, then the guests don't have access anymore.

Oldiesmann

Go into Manage Boards, and click on "modify" for that board. As long as the "guests" box is checked there, it should work.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ROGUE-Master

Yes it does, but the bug is it auto unchecks itself anytime AND whenever you edit other permissions it resets the guests AND when its on and working it still doesn't check itself.

[Unknown]

I can't duplicate this problem.  Please try to explain it mroe clearly if you believe it is indeed a bug.

What I did was go to Manage Permissions -> local permissions for a board -> checked Guests, Administrator -> save -> unchecked them -> save.  No problems.

-[Unknown]

ROGUE-Master

Do this unknown:

Manage Permissions -> local permissions for a board -> checked Guest -> save -> edit permissions for a different group -> save -> guests is now unchecked

[Unknown]

Still can't reproduce...  I did that, and Guests was still checked.

-[Unknown]

ROGUE-Master

Perhaps Oldiesmann can explain it better since he reproduced the error..

Oldiesmann

I have a board set up for guests only.

In the "modify board" area, the box for unregistered guests is checked.

Now, no matter which way I do it (Admin -> Manage Boards -> Permissions (next to the guests-only area) or Admin -> Manage Permissions -> Local (next to the guests-only board)), if I check the box in the "Unregistered guests" row and click on "Set Permissions", it comes back unchecked.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[Unknown]

That's exactly what I cannot reproduce.

-[Unknown]

ROGUE-Master

Oldiesmann maybe you should give him access to your forums so unknown w. brackets can try it

Advertisement: