News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Attachments Download Permission

Started by JayBachatero, August 01, 2006, 11:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: JayBachatero on October 09, 2006, 02:57:16 AMIf you want ill give you the changes necessary to do this.
Please do, thank you, well, guess I just misunderstood what this actually did, no matter, I like it.

Quote from: 1964 on October 09, 2006, 03:30:20 AM
Quote from: JayBachatero on October 09, 2006, 02:57:16 AMIf you want ill give you the changes necessary to do this.
Please do, thank you, well, guess I just misunderstood what this actually did, no matter, I like it.

Anything, please.

JayBachatero

I was looking at it and it seems like there is no way to do this w/o allowing the members to download the files.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Quote from: JayBachatero on October 10, 2006, 08:29:27 AM
I was looking at it and it seems like there is no way to do this w/o allowing the members to download the files.

You mean since guests wouldn't be able to download that would be same for members as well, seeing red x's doesn't make any sense. ;)

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

Alice

Does anyone know how to edit the display file for 1.0.8 forums?  When I install it it says Failure for the display file.  I would really like to use this mod  :(

JayBachatero

I think this option exists in 1.0.8.
Follow me on Twitter

VicViper

I'd like to report an odd behaviour of this mod on my 1.1 RC3 installation:

When I'm logged out (don't have permission to download attachments) and click on one, everything is fine and I get the permission denied error prompting me to login or register.

But when I log in to my account a few minutes later from the board index, the download dialogue for the requested attachment suddenly pops up.

I can understand that the request is saved so it can be processed when you login when prompted, but I don't see why it should still be active when I have visited an entirely different site in the meantime and come back minutes later to my forum to just log on. The request also seems to be active for every member loging on to his/her account on the same computer (even for those who didn't even request the download).

I think this might pose a serious security flaw.

JayBachatero

I don't see how this mod can cause that since it's just a simple permission change.  I'll look more into this though.  What browser are you using?
Follow me on Twitter

VicViper

Quote from: JayBachatero on November 17, 2006, 10:48:54 AM
I don't see how this mod can cause that since it's just a simple permission change.  I'll look more into this though.  What browser are you using?
Just tested. It's doing the same thing in Firefox 2.0, IE 6 and Opera 8. It's like a time paradox, really weird.

Once I have clicked an attachment that I'm not permitted to download, the forum prompts me with a download window as soon as I log on at a later time with whatever account on that computer/IP.

JayBachatero

uninstall the mod and try it out and see if it works correctly.
Follow me on Twitter

VicViper

Quote from: JayBachatero on November 17, 2006, 11:09:42 AM
uninstall the mod and try it out and see if it works correctly.

Didn't change anything. The only way of cancelling the download request is by closing the browser. Otherwise, the next person to log on (on the same computer) is prompted with the download window.

It does make sense in a way, but after declining the initial login prompt with the permission error, the request should be cancelled, right?

It doesn't seem like an issue with the mod, but rather with the way SMF itself handles downloads ... it's still annoying. I asked some of my members to test this as well - I'm expecting first reports shortly.

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

nitins60

Quote from: JayBachatero on August 01, 2006, 11:01:33 PM
Link to Mod

This mod will split the current View Attachments permission into two.  View Attachments and Download Attachments.
still rc2? Now it's 1.1.1, please update yr mod! Looking forward @it!

shaka

can we please have an update for this to 1.1.1  :D

buhaychat.com

Using 1.1.1, this mod downloaded & installed fine via Package Manager, but afterwards when going to the Permissions section in admin, it looks all corrupted and no longer displays the Modify links

VicViper

Quote from: JayBachatero on November 17, 2006, 07:58:18 PM
How big are the attachments?
Attachments range from < 1 MB to ~ 10 MB. It's happening with all attachments regardless of their size. Once you get the permission denied error, the next person to log on to the forum on the same computer will be prompted with the download window.

See original post describing the problem here.

buhaychat.com

Uninstalled the mod, but now my permissions section in admin still no worky. :(

JayBachatero

Quote from: buhaychat.com on December 30, 2006, 10:00:44 PM
Uninstalled the mod, but now my permissions section in admin still no worky. :(
This seems to be a language string error.  Reuplaod your language dir.

Quote from: shaka on December 25, 2006, 07:47:20 PM
can we please have an update for this to 1.1.1  :D
Should work on 1.1.1
Follow me on Twitter

shaka

when i click on apply mod i get this error

Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test failed

Advertisement: